Noises only in digital recordings-- may now be a believer

On that note what happened to the haunted doll? Do you still have it? What should she do with that considering she said activity started from the doll she thinks.
Haunted doll? You might be thinking of someone else. But we had one second hand toy with an attachment that I just carefully threw in the trash. Rental property so we couldn't bury it

Thank you for all of the information. No, I don't have any history of the house I live in. In fact, I would have never thought twice about it being "haunted" or having paranormal activity. It was built in 2009 and we are renting it. We have lived here for 2 years now and I never noticed anything up until I got triggered to be curious. The landlord is an older man and hasn't said much about this house. I do know that he and his wife lived here for several years before relocating, then they rented it to his son for a while, then another family with kids, and now us. That is really all I know. There is no basement or attic, so it does seem weird (not that you have to have those to have spirits). I feel like our last house before this one had some unexplained things that happened and I wasn't even interested in learning about the paranormal. It all started when I bought a really old baby doll from a thrift store. It was so scary looking-- my dogs barked at it constantly. I bought it to actually scare a couple of my kids (adult kids) for Halloween that year. It may have backfired. Needless to say, I had my daughter take it with her to rid of it far away from my (and her) house.

The questions you asked -- I do have children but they are grown and moved out. There are no raging fits or anything else around here (that isn't normal for us). ....... I have been using 2 very good quality digital recorders, which is why I get so scared when I hear these things on them. I was pretty much paralyzed when I played back that audio tonight, that I mentioned earlier. I am petrified now and am scared to go anywhere in this house at night. I don't want to feel this way all of the time. To make it worse, my husband works out of town for 4 days out of the month and I have to be here alone.

Haunted doll? You might be thinking of someone else. But we had one second hand toy with an attachment that I just carefully threw in the trash. Rental property so we couldn't bury it

Quoted the segment for you

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I must tell you...the more you interact with the paranormal, the more activity you will see. Especially if you start trying for EVP's and answers...you may get answers you don't wish to hear.

You have obviously opened up a door, hon. Now you need to decide if you want to interact more with this or be rid of it.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your input. I will say that I did it to myself. I am frozen in bed right now. I am horribly scared in my own bedroom. So I have been asking questions to spirits off and on in my home over the past few days. I have been using a digital audio recorder. Well, I first started hearing the knocks or taps (only on my recorder) when I asked questions. Last night I heard a strange growl sound and then a whisper that sounded like, "tisssssss". I replayed that audio back what seemed like 100 times. It seemed interesting and fascinating at the time . I started feeling as if I truly am learning there are spirits around.

So today my husband was on the phone in our bed room with the door shut, and I was in the living room and decided to try and ask the spirit some questions again, such as, "Are you here with me?". I listened to the audio back and I heard my husband in the background on the phone and I heard a male voice talk over my husband. There is no explanation-- no tv on, radio, nothing. Also, I decided to come into my bedroom earlier tonight and ask some questions again. My bedroom was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. After 2 minutes of talking, I listened to the recorder and heard a lady's voice mumble twice in a row after I asked if she was the one that turned the tv off tonight. It sounded like she was trying to say something. When I heard that I truly started getting so scared that I cried. My husband heard all of these noises on my recorder. I am now convinced. I don't know why they are here and how many they are, and you are right, I have been talking to them a couple times a day and it is getting more intense and obvious. I am scared and don't know what to do. Should I be afraid? Am I wrong for wanting to communicate with them? I suppose I can't win. I am fascinated yet scared to death. Sorry to sound like a chicken, but I am petrified. This is REAL!!!!

Welcome Charzy. I am a bit late to this discussion and you have gotten a lot of good advice. From your posts I can see you are very curious in regards to the unseen world. It’s important to note that nobody really know or understands what these things really are. We base our hypotheses on faith, personal and historical expierences and draw conclusions from the results. So remember there have been ruined lives as a result of dabbling. This is not a field in my opinion that you can dabble in. You have to really educate yourself first and even then it is dangerous. This is just my opinion. I would certainly NEVER, EVER open a door in my living space. The music you heard may or may not have been paranormal but using a divination device will attract activity right where you live. Not good. Things will start off slow and build.

Please do not think I’m judging you in any way. It’s juat my faith and opinion. Good luck in whatever you decide. I am hoping you head the warning. I recommend a house blessing and prayer. I would leave off of dabbling and opening doors you cannot close.