Noises only in digital recordings-- may now be a believer

I have certainly "dabbled" with EVP with over 125 recording sessions. I can say that you must be prepared for some disturbing stuff. But I have also gotten some amazing evidence. As well, I have made contact with positive spirits. It just so happens that I was in a extremely negative space that had been like that far before we ever got there. Both human and inhuman existed there on both sides light and dark. Something's were very ancient and intelligent.

Here's something interesting worth noting from my experiences as well. The entities who boast are usually just barking so to speak, like peacock spreading it's feathers to seem bigger and scarier, or a gorilla beating it's chest to seem scarier. It's an ego thing. But when you have something that doesn't speak, it can be a sign of a more intelligent tactical less egotistical irrational demon or spirit. Sometimes.

Reactions: Charleh
I have certainly "dabbled" with EVP with over 125 recording sessions. I can say that you must be prepared for some disturbing stuff. But I have also gotten some amazing evidence. As well, I have made contact with positive spirits. It just so happens that I was in a extremely negative space that had been like that far before we ever got there. Both human and inhuman existed there on both sides light and dark. Something's were very ancient and intelligent.

Here's something interesting worth noting from my experiences as well. The entities who boast are usually just barking so to speak, like peacock spreading it's feathers to seem bigger and scarier, or a gorilla beating it's chest to seem scarier. It's an ego thing. But when you have something that doesn't speak, it can be a sign of a more intelligent tactical less egotistical irrational demon or spirit. Sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. I am curious-- hopefully you know the answer. I have been recording a few times for the last couple of nights in my home. I can't believe something I heard on my recorder just half hour ago. It actually brought me to tears. My husband and I were in the living room and I told him to turn off the tv so I could ask if there were spirits around. I asked a few questions and just after my 3rd question my husband coughed a couple of times during the recording and you can hear him put his cup down and the ice settle to the bottom. Just after he coughed, a roar and 2 knocks (or what sounded like footsteps on a hardwood floor -- we don't even have a hardwood floor) and whispering near me happened. I didn't here ANY of this live-- it was all in my recorder. I am scared to live here now. Do you have any idea what any of these things mean? I wish I could attach audio on here. These spirits can't hurt me, right?

Thanks for the reply. I am curious-- hopefully you know the answer. I have been recording a few times for the last couple of nights in my home. I can't believe something I heard on my recorder just half hour ago. It actually brought me to tears. My husband and I were in the living room and I told him to turn off the tv so I could ask if there were spirits around. I asked a few questions and just after my 3rd question my husband coughed a couple of times during the recording and you can hear him put his cup down and the ice settle to the bottom. Just after he coughed, a roar and 2 knocks (or what sounded like footsteps on a hardwood floor -- we don't even have a hardwood floor) and whispering near me happened. I didn't here ANY of this live-- it was all in my recorder. I am scared to live here now. Do you have any idea what any of these things mean? I wish I could attach audio on here. These spirits can't hurt me, right?
You can attach things audio on here I use soundcloud but it requires you to register an account though it's free. Some people said that they have trouble with certain file formats uploading to the site so with soundcloud you don't have to worry about file format.

Anyways this could still be a human or Jinn, or other things we don't know of that is not necessarily demonic. However it is concerning that you are concerned by the audio. Do you have any history of the house you haven't mentioned, specifically with you saying the wood floor part is interesting in the theories of "imprints" or echoes of energy. It is possible to get residual energy on EVP.

Just be careful with the EVP and don't go overboard it's important you don't get too immersed or obsessed with EVP. Just be sure to be vigilant of yourself and maintaining healthy habits and a healthy mind, body, spirit. EVP can be dangerous, and it is very similar to a ouija or spirit board. I personally think it is quite a bit safer but it's subjective to the person and location. Certain locations can be dangerous, but EVP is not inherently dangerous in itself.

Just think if there are people that aren't that great hanging out in "bad" (bad can be a lot of things) locations but can't see them, it can be similar to that. Can be very disturbing and it's a rabbit hole you can't crawl out of. Once you realize intelligent beings are living in the same space as you but you can't see them it's a huge mental obstacle for some to comet to gripe with. Not all locations are like that, and even if it is intelligent it doesn't mean it's evil.

Anyways has there been physical contact? Changes in behavior or mood? Do people experience rage fits? New hobbies, interests, obsessions, worries, troubles, nightmares, that you or your loved ones have experienced? How long have you lived there? Do you have children? What is your spiritual beliefs like, are you Christian, agnostic, atheist or something else? These questions are just to help better understand your situation and how to try and help you.

There will be a lot of information we can provide in many different perspectives. Everyone has their own methods or muses/inspirations, spirit guides, and destinies

The most important thing is having a clean way of living and home, and to have confidence and love for yourself and your loved ones. Those are all essential. You must be confident you have the power of yourself and knowledge and awareness of yourself. Your true self who you have been experiencing for your whole life, some entities not necessarily yours has the power to effect the human mind in ways that we can't consciously perceive other than in the changes in ourselves. If that makes any sense to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aimer and Debi
You can attach things audio on here I use soundcloud but it requires you to register an account though it's free. Some people said that they have trouble with certain file formats uploading to the site so with soundcloud you don't have to worry about file format.

Anyways this could still be a human or Jinn, or other things we don't know of that is not necessarily demonic. However it is concerning that you are concerned by the audio. Do you have any history of the house you haven't mentioned, specifically with you saying the wood floor part is interesting in the theories of "imprints" or echoes of energy. It is possible to get residual energy on EVP.

Just be careful with the EVP and don't go overboard it's important you don't get too immersed or obsessed with EVP. Just be sure to be vigilant of yourself and maintaining healthy habits and a healthy mind, body, spirit. EVP can be dangerous, and it is very similar to a ouija or spirit board. I personally think it is quite a bit safer but it's subjective to the person and location. Certain locations can be dangerous, but EVP is not inherently dangerous in itself.

Just think if there are people that aren't that great hanging out in "bad" (bad can be a lot of things) locations but can't see them, it can be similar to that. Can be very disturbing and it's a rabbit hole you can't crawl out of. Once you realize intelligent beings are living in the same space as you but you can't see them it's a huge mental obstacle for some to comet to gripe with. Not all locations are like that, and even if it is intelligent it doesn't mean it's evil.

Anyways has there been physical contact? Changes in behavior or mood? Do people experience rage fits? New hobbies, interests, obsessions, worries, troubles, nightmares, that you or your loved ones have experienced? How long have you lived there? Do you have children? What is your spiritual beliefs like, are you Christian, agnostic, atheist or something else? These questions are just to help better understand your situation and how to try and help you.

There will be a lot of information we can provide in many different perspectives. Everyone has their own methods or muses/inspirations, spirit guides, and destinies

The most important thing is having a clean way of living and home, and to have confidence and love for yourself and your loved ones. Those are all essential. You must be confident you have the power of yourself and knowledge and awareness of yourself. Your true self who you have been experiencing for your whole life, some entities not necessarily yours has the power to effect the human mind in ways that we can't consciously perceive other than in the changes in ourselves. If that makes any sense to you.
Very well said, HJ. :)

Thank you for all of the information. No, I don't have any history of the house I live in. In fact, I would have never thought twice about it being "haunted" or having paranormal activity. It was built in 2009 and we are renting it. We have lived here for 2 years now and I never noticed anything up until I got triggered to be curious. The landlord is an older man and hasn't said much about this house. I do know that he and his wife lived here for several years before relocating, then they rented it to his son for a while, then another family with kids, and now us. That is really all I know. There is no basement or attic, so it does seem weird (not that you have to have those to have spirits). I feel like our last house before this one had some unexplained things that happened and I wasn't even interested in learning about the paranormal. It all started when I bought a really old baby doll from a thrift store. It was so scary looking-- my dogs barked at it constantly. I bought it to actually scare a couple of my kids (adult kids) for Halloween that year. It may have backfired. Needless to say, I had my daughter take it with her to rid of it far away from my (and her) house.

The questions you asked -- I do have children but they are grown and moved out. There are no raging fits or anything else around here (that isn't normal for us). I do photography as a hobby and have the whole time we have lived here. I am thinking that my curiosity of learning about "the other side" has become somewhat of a hobby. As I mentioned earlier, within the last few months I have gone to a haunted jail from the 1800's. I wanted to see how "creepy" it was. I learned later though that it is nighttime when the noises happen, so I want to go back at night. I also went to a cemetary that is the second most haunted place in Iowa to take pics for a contest (disregard what I said earlier about the jail being the second, I was wrong-- it is on the list of haunted places though). So basically, what has changed within the past few months is me being interested in paranormal activity and spirits. I have always wanted to know if they do truly exist, but now I want to find out for myself. I got a crappy EVP for Christmas because I wanted to go back to the jail but found it difficult to try and figure out what is radio talk and what is spirits. I have been using 2 very good quality digital recorders, which is why I get so scared when I hear these things on them. I was pretty much paralyzed when I played back that audio tonight, that I mentioned earlier. I am petrified now and am scared to go anywhere in this house at night. I don't want to feel this way all of the time. To make it worse, my husband works out of town for 4 days out of the month and I have to be here alone.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I must tell you...the more you interact with the paranormal, the more activity you will see. Especially if you start trying for EVP's and answers...you may get answers you don't wish to hear.

You have obviously opened up a door, hon. Now you need to decide if you want to interact more with this or be rid of it.

Thank you for the information. Not sure what I want to do with it yet. I am so lost and confused about it all. : /

Big rule not to let go of the planchette. At least it didn't fly into the wall! Debi will have to share that story with you.

When the planchette Is going up or down the alphabet (A-Z or Z-A), or going in circles, it's usually a sign the dynamics of the conversation is changing where they're in charge. This can mean they can start messing around with you, and this can be disturbing visions, things getting thrown around, or even possessions.

My suggestion is just steer clear of the board period.

Thank you for the advice and info. So what do I do with the board if I ever want to rid of it?

Thank you for the advice and info. So what do I do with the board if I ever want to rid of it?
Dont destroy it as thatl make the spirits who do want to close any portals nearly impossible. We've been recommended before to wrap the whole thing in white clothe and string, and burying it. Preferably on the same property you used it first.

Whatever you do don't burn it.

If something is attached to the board, the general idea is destroying it frees the spirit. That's why there's so many museums for haunted objects. They're safer that way more times than not

Reactions: Charzy19 and Debi
If something is attached to the board, the general idea is destroying it frees the spirit. That's why there's so many museums for haunted objects. They're safer that way more times than not
On that note what happened to the haunted doll? Do you still have it? What should she do with that considering she said activity started from the doll she thinks.