Noises only in digital recordings-- may now be a believer

Charzy19

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here and very unfamiliar with spirits/ghosts- basically anything paranormal. I have never believed in any of it because I always believed that seeing and hearing are believing.

Not sure what made me decide to do this- but several months ago I felt like I heard a very faint radio once in a while in my bedroom at night. It was quite disturbing but I figured it was nothing and that it had an explanation. I was joking with my husband about how our bedroom has ghosts and I told him why. He sort of laughed at me and shrugged it off and so did I, until it seemed as if a different type of faint music was playing several weeks later. This time my husband heard it because I woke him up (we have no next door neighbors and there was no one outside-- nothing was on that played music). I don't think to this day the "music" was much to worry about, but it did make me curious about seeing if there truly was "the other side", as I wanted proof because so many people talk about their experiences with it.

I got curious and talked to my husband about getting a ouiji board to see if any spirits are with us. He and I used it once and didn't really know what we were doing. I supposedly broke a couple of rules (on accident) and not sure if I believe anything could even come of that. Still not sure and don't really feel I believe in it.

Since hearing the "music", I got a "spirit box" that is basically a radio. I totally don't believe those work at all. How do you tell the difference between spirit sounds and the talking on the stations? Even if there is a way, I don't want to even mess with trying to figure it out.

So I got a digital recorder that has no white noise-- no nothing. It records very well. There is no static, etc. So tonight I put it to the test and went into my bedroom and asked if there was a spirit present. I didn't hear anything but I did hear sort of a tap or a knock a few feet away near my wall. I tried a few more times and heard nothing. I went into another bedroom and there were the same couple of taps/knocks after I asked about the spirit presence and name. That was all I heard were taps. Funny thing is, this time I didn't hear the knocks/taps until I played back my recording.I then recorded in my dining room and there was a really loud tap with what sounded like a creek such as when a door opens. I was really starting to get scared. I tried it one more time in my room and asked about his/her name and heard what might have been a faint answer. All of these noises (except the first time in my room when I heard it live and on audio) were heard only after I played back my audio. I used TWO different digital audio recorders and still heard the obvious clicks. There is absolutely NO noise in my digital recorders-- they are very good quality.

I will admit, I am afraid. I have no idea what is going on here. I can't make sense of it. The more I heard the noises, the more I had to prove to myself that they weren't really happening by recording more and more. Well, they are happening. Now I don't know what to think. Has anyone experienced this before? I just can't make sense of it.

Thanks,
Charlotte

Reactions: Aimer
Hello all,

I am new here and very unfamiliar with spirits/ghosts- basically anything paranormal. I have never believed in any of it because I always believed that seeing and hearing are believing.

Not sure what made me decide to do this- but several months ago I felt like I heard a very faint radio once in a while in my bedroom at night. It was quite disturbing but I figured it was nothing and that it had an explanation. I was joking with my husband about how our bedroom has ghosts and I told him why. He sort of laughed at me and shrugged it off and so did I, until it seemed as if a different type of faint music was playing several weeks later. This time my husband heard it because I woke him up (we have no next door neighbors and there was no one outside-- nothing was on that played music). I don't think to this day the "music" was much to worry about, but it did make me curious about seeing if there truly was "the other side", as I wanted proof because so many people talk about their experiences with it.

I got curious and talked to my husband about getting a ouiji board to see if any spirits are with us. He and I used it once and didn't really know what we were doing. I supposedly broke a couple of rules (on accident) and not sure if I believe anything could even come of that. Still not sure and don't really feel I believe in it.

Since hearing the "music", I got a "spirit box" that is basically a radio. I totally don't believe those work at all. How do you tell the difference between spirit sounds and the talking on the stations? Even if there is a way, I don't want to even mess with trying to figure it out.

So I got a digital recorder that has no white noise-- no nothing. It records very well. There is no static, etc. So tonight I put it to the test and went into my bedroom and asked if there was a spirit present. I didn't hear anything but I did hear sort of a tap or a knock a few feet away near my wall. I tried a few more times and heard nothing. I went into another bedroom and there were the same couple of taps/knocks after I asked about the spirit presence and name. That was all I heard were taps. Funny thing is, this time I didn't hear the knocks/taps until I played back my recording.I then recorded in my dining room and there was a really loud tap with what sounded like a creek such as when a door opens. I was really starting to get scared. I tried it one more time in my room and asked about his/her name and heard what might have been a faint answer. All of these noises (except the first time in my room when I heard it live and on audio) were heard only after I played back my audio. I used TWO different digital audio recorders and still heard the obvious clicks. There is absolutely NO noise in my digital recorders-- they are very good quality.

I will admit, I am afraid. I have no idea what is going on here. I can't make sense of it. The more I heard the noises, the more I had to prove to myself that they weren't really happening by recording more and more. Well, they are happening. Now I don't know what to think. Has anyone experienced this before? I just can't make sense of it.

Thanks,
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. You will get some responses to your questions as others read of your experiences.

Reactions: Charzy19
Spirit boxes are all BS. I'll say that any day of the week in front of any supposed expert that utilizes one of those.

A recorder, however, can and does pick up messages from disembodied voices. I've done this myself many, many times and several were as clear as a phone call. A few of mine were so good I had to question whether something else interfered...but it was responding to my questions.

The scariest thing I ever captured was a powerful, nearly demonic growl.

What I've thought about, but have never done, is whether using a recorder with live feedback to earbuds would help with real-time communication.

What I've thought about, but have never done, is whether using a recorder with live feedback to earbuds would help with real-time communication.

I don't go hunting for ghost and my knowledge of recording equipment is close to nothing, but ive wondered something similar, instead of a recorder could you use a very sensitive mic. with really high def. speakers and pick them up in live time...gotta be a way to get them live without having to go through playback.

welcome to the forum, Charzy. hate to break it to you, but while ouija boards can be very effective with contacting spirits, they're also an incredibly dangerous way to contact anything. that's always been their caveat. let me find the sticky we made on the board. you said you broke some of the rules you heard about the board. what rules did you break? and have you noticed increased activity since using the board?

like Bob said, EVP's are the best way to confirm things if you know there's no interference from radios nearby.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I must tell you...the more you interact with the paranormal, the more activity you will see. Especially if you start trying for EVP's and answers...you may get answers you don't wish to hear.

You have obviously opened up a door, hon. Now you need to decide if you want to interact more with this or be rid of it.

welcome to the forum, Charzy. hate to break it to you, but while ouija boards can be very effective with contacting spirits, they're also an incredibly dangerous way to contact anything. that's always been their caveat. let me find the sticky we made on the board. you said you broke some of the rules you heard about the board. what rules did you break? and have you noticed increased activity since using the board?

like Bob said, EVP's are the best way to confirm things if you know there's no interference from radios nearby.

Thank you for helping me understand a few things. The rules (not sure if they are legit rules) I had broken were my husband and I removed our hands from the board/planchette a couple of times in trying to learn how to use it, or "warm it up". Half of the planchette came off the board when we were using it after asking questions, because of my hand coming off the board. Nothing really came of anything during that session but just after we said goodbye, the planchette started going in fast circles. Not sure what was going on. Maybe nothing? We only asked things like if there were any spirits with us, how many, what were their name(s), and other benign questions. It seemed like when we wanted answers to our questions, they weren't coming. We'd have to force the answers and said forget it. After that, that is when the big circles started, then we ended it. I have no idea if there has been any increased activity, since I have only heard the noises with my recorders, however, there have been nights while in bed, I heard what sounded like sliding on the carpet, but maybe that was imagined since I was hyper aware. I did feel a huge drop in temperature in my room several days ago. We used the Ouiji board this past Saturday.

Not sure if this possible spirit has been here since before we moved in (2 years now, newer house) or if it is something we invited in involuntarily. Also though, we wen't to a graveyard a couple of weeks ago to take pics for a photography contest I entered. Also, a couple of months ago, my husband and I went inside this haunted jail (Squirrel Cage in Council Bluffs, IA) just for fun. I wanted to see if it indeed was haunted. Apparently, during the day spirits weren't heard, according to the tour/receptionist person. This place was built in the 1800's and it said to be the 2nd most haunted place in IA. I want to go back at night with my recorder once my husband, daughters, and sons can go with me. According to the local news (several years ago) this jail has had hundreds of paranormal people come in overnight. Could going to either of these places cause any spirits to "follow" me?

Eventually I'd like to learn more about the paranormal. Fascinating yet scary-- still a bit confused.

Thank you.

Thank you all for your input-- very insightful

Thank you for helping me understand a few things. The rules (not sure if they are legit rules) I had broken were my husband and I removed our hands from the board/planchette a couple of times in trying to learn how to use it, or "warm it up". Half of the planchette came off the board when we were using it after asking questions, because of my hand coming off the board. Nothing really came of anything during that session but just after we said goodbye, the planchette started going in fast circles. Not sure what was going on. Maybe nothing? We only asked things like if there were any spirits with us, how many, what were their name(s), and other benign questions. It seemed like when we wanted answers to our questions, they weren't coming. We'd have to force the answers and said forget it. After that, that is when the big circles started, then we ended it. I have no idea if there has been any increased activity, since I have only heard the noises with my recorders, however, there have been nights while in bed, I heard what sounded like sliding on the carpet, but maybe that was imagined since I was hyper aware. I did feel a huge drop in temperature in my room several days ago. We used the Ouiji board this past Saturday.

Not sure if this possible spirit has been here since before we moved in (2 years now, newer house) or if it is something we invited in involuntarily. Also though, we wen't to a graveyard a couple of weeks ago to take pics for a photography contest I entered. Also, a couple of months ago, my husband and I went inside this haunted jail (Squirrel Cage in Council Bluffs, IA) just for fun. I wanted to see if it indeed was haunted. Apparently, during the day spirits weren't heard, according to the tour/receptionist person. This place was built in the 1800's and it said to be the 2nd most haunted place in IA. I want to go back at night with my recorder once my husband, daughters, and sons can go with me. According to the local news (several years ago) this jail has had hundreds of paranormal people come in overnight. Could going to either of these places cause any spirits to "follow" me?

Eventually I'd like to learn more about the paranormal. Fascinating yet scary-- still a bit confused.

Thank you.
Big rule not to let go of the planchette. At least it didn't fly into the wall! Debi will have to share that story with you.

When the planchette Is going up or down the alphabet (A-Z or Z-A), or going in circles, it's usually a sign the dynamics of the conversation is changing where they're in charge. This can mean they can start messing around with you, and this can be disturbing visions, things getting thrown around, or even possessions.

My suggestion is just steer clear of the board period.