No turning back

Wind in Trees

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the time for them, when there was no turning back from believing in the paranormal?

Only recently, I recalled a time in my early teens when I was in bed, contemplating the notion there was more to life than what was the every day norm.

Spontaneously, I put it out there.

I've said to myself, that if there is more to this world than meets the eye, then show me.
I didn't have the awareness to be mindful of who I was actually asking.
What happened was a piece of my "artwork" from wood working class at school, that was placed inside the alcove of the bedhead, and leaning against the back panel, simply fell, hitting my head. I remember quite clearly the shocked indignation at it happening.

What happened in my head after this, was a wanting to turn back time, and to not ask and to not know.
I do regret my inability at the time to grasp what had happened. I chose to "forget" because it was too much for me to truly and deeply accept what this meant.
But having said that, I've always known there was 'more' I just didn't own it.

How about you?

For me it was never one particular event. I think that from an early age I understood not only the fundamental principals of science and what scientists did, but then also as a natural consequence, its limitations. For it seemed that for every question I had that science could explain, I had several more for which there was no concrete or accepted answer. This latter category included my early dreams and all things related to the workings of my mind. As I grew older I observed that this pattern persisted. And I also became aware, through many documented examples, that what science said was true today was no longer true tomorrow; and thus a fluid mutability was a more accurate characterization of scientific knowledge and progress than one of immutable concrete truth. Always being stimulated by curious and odd things brought me into the world of cryptozoology, UFOs, ghosts and all other things termed paranormal. It was only natural for me to then not dismiss these things outright as our "wise" skeptics would have us do, but to simply place them into the category of those phenomena for which science had yet to provide any adequate answers. After all, this struck me as clearly more consistent with what we actually know about how scientific knowledge evolves than that of the sanctimonious skeptics who treat every phenomena that science cannot yet account for, and for which they cannot ascribe truth with a capital 'T', as fodder for the gullible and superstitious. Over time my own experiences have included several precognitive episodes, an OBE, sleep paralysis, many profound synchronicities and just a deep overall sense that there is something much greater than us all in which we are inextricably entwined but in ways that we have yet to even remotely understand. And that is how I came to believe that what we term the paranormal is anything but the realm of fools; and that instead, it is the realm of those who still retain the capacity for wonder, awe and those deeper experiences that science, as we know it, cannot provide satisfactory answers and for which answers will require explorations into the realm of consciousness itself.

I was raised in a family that openly shared their paranormal experiences so it was easy for me to believe. I have had unexplainable occurrences over the years. I would say my earliest memory was a type of poltergeist activity in my room as a young teen. I saw a cabinet shaking violently with nothing in it or attached to it.

I think I was 9 when I saw my first ghost drift in through the wall of my bedroom on Christmas eve, but I was probably a believer by then anyway.
I was always fascinated by magic and I collected witches as dolls and puppets from an early age. I think I had about 15 and a cupboard with various herbs when a relative caught wind of it and they all disappeared overnight and I was enrolled into regular church bible classes.

With that safely out of the way I started collecting rocks and minerals and took an interest in gardening instead, and learned how to cast my own candles in the shed. Little did I know at the time it was all related anyway.

I learned a lot reading the bible. What interested me the most was some of the miracles of Jesus. They seemed almost like...magic.Here it was written and believed that things out of the ordinary did and do happen.

After several of my own experiences and listening to others I believed in ghosts too, so asked my pastor. The answers were not what I expected. "Up or down - that's it!" This contradicted what I understood based on my own experience, so it was there we parted ways.

It was only when I was in my 30's and moved to a place in Scotland that things became clearer to me. After taking up an interest in my current path things just snapped into place. All the interests of my childhood just made sense, with meditation I just opened up to what is around me - and it was a lot in the first few years.. Then getting into paranormal forums then groups and going out looking and then time spent researching. I would say I was well into believing by then.

I never really thought about there being a special time in which I started to believe. Ever since I was a child, paranormal things were occurring around my family. I could fill a book with weird happenings, strange things appearing to me, etc. There is a lot of paranormal ability in my immediate family, such as clairaudience, clairvoyance, remote viewing, and others. So I never really had a defining moment.

I never really thought about there being a special time in which I started to believe. Ever since I was a child, paranormal things were occurring around my family. I could fill a book with weird happenings, strange things appearing to me, etc. There is a lot of paranormal ability in my immediate family, such as clairaudience, clairvoyance, remote viewing, and others. So I never really had a defining moment.
I was surprised other people weren't seeing/doing what I was! I thought it was perfectly normal! Thus, I was somewhat mystified when my dad informed me it wasn't, but we had to keep it a secret that we could do these things. Back in the day, it just wasn't talked about openly like it is now. (Yes, I'm old...lol)

I had a lot of stuff in my very early years 3-5,and nothing much until my 20's when things went off the rails ,it calmed in my 30's and 40's and has returned a lot now.The thing is, in my twenties it was pretty bad,now it is enlightening and inspiring.I'm enjoying my older age much more than my youth.

I had a lot of stuff in my very early years 3-5,and nothing much until my 20's when things went off the rails ,it calmed in my 30's and 40's and has returned a lot now.The thing is, in my twenties it was pretty bad,now it is enlightening and inspiring.I'm enjoying my older age much more than my youth.
I agree on enjoying my older years. I’m 58 and I may not look as good as I did in my 20/30’ or have the energy of back then, I have learned to appreciate things and that makes life so much sweeter.