No Fear

Paul, you brought up a few things, but I really liked what you said about shyness & what you do/did to address it. And what's cooler, the way you discuss it. That's positive self management despite fears.
Lemme 'splain.

Years ago, Mike Tyson spoke about being terrified going into the ring. Yup. Yesiree.

After that I was having discussions with lots of friends about fear, and what you really felt like doing those big life events. It was like Iron Mike just told us it was OK to talk about fear.
I confided to a guy I've known 30+ years that a psychology professor once called me the 'most confident unconfident man ' , he ever met.

Ok, that gets some weird combination of trophies & trouble. Triumph and humiliation. Lots of dropped balls seem to tip the scales.

But somehow the sports were played and the girls were kissed. Papers were graded. Money made, $ lost.
Did real good sometimes, fell flat on my face others.

The point is, inner Barney Fife is a good guy and can be tamed - just don't take it personally. That for me took time. Still does.

fell flat on my face others.
that was and still is one of the key things that helped me more than anything.... not being afraid or embarrassed of failure....its just a speech, a talk, 3 minutes to introduce myself to the girl, whatever, its just today, and theres always tomorrow. always another shot, always another chance....its like a sport, life is a continued daily practice.....dont give up and dont be afraid. it still can be hard sometimes. but ive learned to push the shyness aside and try. theres always a critic no matter what you do or try. but at least you are trying

Paul, you brought up a few things, but I really liked what you said about shyness & what you do/did to address it. And what's cooler, the way you discuss it. That's positive self management despite fears.
Lemme 'splain.

Years ago, Mike Tyson spoke about being terrified going into the ring. Yup. Yesiree.

After that I was having discussions with lots of friends about fear, and what you really felt like doing those big life events. It was like Iron Mike just told us it was OK to talk about fear.
I confided to a guy I've known 30+ years that a psychology professor once called me the 'most confident unconfident man ' , he ever met.

Ok, that gets some weird combination of trophies & trouble. Triumph and humiliation. Lots of dropped balls seem to tip the scales.

But somehow the sports were played and the girls were kissed. Papers were graded. Money made, $ lost.
Did real good sometimes, fell flat on my face others.

The point is, inner Barney Fife is a good guy and can be tamed - just don't take it personally. That for me took time. Still does.
BRAVO Well said and a joy to read,Paint

I have always heard act like you know what you're doing and they'll believe you! Confidence can be lacking within, but if you portray confidence you often become so.
What she said!

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Understood….
and Understood over here,..belatedly..no need to spread negative stuff.,even in jest. Words have big power.That's why I always turn the sound down or put my fingers in my ears whenever a spell is being done on a tv show or movie.I duck and cover

and Understood over here,..belatedly..no need to spread negative stuff.,even in jest. Words have big power.That's why I always turn the sound down or put my fingers in my ears whenever a spell is being done on a tv show or movie.I duck and cover
Yes Ma’am, I will remember that.

Reactions: Paulm