No Exorcisms for Covid, please

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I found the other info in this article interesting as well.

Reactions: garnetsilver
If covid isn't a natural occurring disease maybe it could be classed as an evil act ?

Reactions: garnetsilver
I have zero doubt that 99% of the exorcism cases would be better served by the psychiatrist. Demonic possessions can and do happen, but too many people panic and go that direction immediately because of ignorance and fear. COVID undoubtedly made a lot of undereducated or misinformed people lean heavily on their faith. Not a bad thing, but never a substitute for proper health care.

I have zero doubt that 99% of the exorcism cases would be better served by the psychiatrist. Demonic possessions can and do happen, but too many people panic and go that direction immediately because of ignorance and fear. COVID undoubtedly made a lot of undereducated or misinformed people lean heavily on their faith. Not a bad thing, but never a substitute for proper health care.
Good point. I think the Catholic Church does a good job of having certain criteria that has to be met first. The other ones may fall into that catagory of unnecessary practices.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah