Nevena

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I recently moved in with my boyfriend into a shared house. Since we moved in I’ve started having nightmares very regularly, and my boyfriend has told me that on multiple occasions I have sat up in bed, looked around and layed down again, as well as getting up, walking around the room and laying back down on one occasion. Now I don’t know if this is all because of like stress or what it is, but all of the nightmares have something to do with ghosts, demons or something of the sort. When I was living with my parents I very rarely had nightmares, let alone sitting up or getting out of bed. I’m just kinda freaked out by this and thinking about going to a priest to get a blessed icon of Mary or Jesus, for some reason I feel like that might help... what do you guys think?

Reactions: Charleh
Hi guys, so I recently moved in with my boyfriend into a shared house. Since we moved in I’ve started having nightmares very regularly, and my boyfriend has told me that on multiple occasions I have sat up in bed, looked around and layed down again, as well as getting up, walking around the room and laying back down on one occasion. Now I don’t know if this is all because of like stress or what it is, but all of the nightmares have something to do with ghosts, demons or something of the sort. When I was living with my parents I very rarely had nightmares, let alone sitting up or getting out of bed. I’m just kinda freaked out by this and thinking about going to a priest to get a blessed icon of Mary or Jesus, for some reason I feel like that might help... what do you guys think?
I think you should pray It out. Perhaps cleanse the place. I’m heading out the door right away so can’t reply for another hour, but are you familiar with the St. Michael prayer?

And welcome to the forum! Glad you found us.

Does your boyfriend happen to have any similar sleep issues?

Does your boyfriend happen to have any similar sleep issues?
No he doesn’t, and he thinks that it’s all stress related, but I’ve been under similar amounts of stress, if not more and I’ve never experienced anything like this.

About your other reply, no I’m not familiar with that prayer.

Are you talking a prescription sleep medication, such as Ambien?

Are you talking a prescription sleep medication, such as Ambien?
No, I’ve never had any trouble sleeping, and even when I have nightmares I rarely wake in the night. I don’t remember sitting up or getting out of bed either.

No he doesn’t, and he thinks that it’s all stress related, but I’ve been under similar amounts of stress, if not more and I’ve never experienced anything like this.

About your other reply, no I’m not familiar with that prayer.
Do these sleep issues coincide at the same time as the recent stress?

Do these sleep issues coincide at the same time as the recent stress?
Also, since he’s noticed that you get up in your sleep, have any previous room mates or partners noticed any sleep issues? The thing with sleepwalking and talking is that you wouldn’t know unless someone you live with brings it up.

Reactions: Lynne
Your situation is something to pay attention to however it doesnt sound like you are in danger or have much to be concerned about. I would suggest keeping track of the nightmares and any other odd occurences.......then go from there.
You are right.....it could very well be due to stress. Only time will tell.

Light & Love