NFL Draft

Brody

Reaction score
How's our sportsball crossover?

I am a bit concerned that my Packers used the 12 pick on a guy who had the same wonderlic score as my couch, took plays off, comes in injured and is being asked to switch positions.
We salvaged it though by giving up our bread and butter picks to trade up for a undersized safety that must start NOW.

I will quote this in January to embarrass myself after we win the Super Bowl with our crushing D.

Hey Brody I agree. I thought your team needed offensive linemen to protect Aaron Rogers. I was surprised with their picks. My Lions failed too. We needed the same offensive linemen. What did we get ....another tight end! (Shaking headband crying ). The Lions always pick best available and not from need in my opinion. However this thing they didn’t even accomplish that. It’s a sad draft.

Reactions: Brody
Have not heard how the current virus situation is going to affect the 2020 NFL Draft. Seems pretty obvious the actual draft can be conducted remotely via the internet and video conferencing, the big "event" at a premiere site is more theater than sports, anyway. The question is whether the scouts/coaches/GMs will have enough data and information to be confident in the picks. Yes, the Indy combine was held last month, but more and more players are declining to do complete workouts.

With colleges shutting down and spring football being cancelled, it's a good bet the private workouts held on college campuses (pro days) will not take place. And if I were an agent, there's no way I let one of my kids fly out to an NFL team's training facility to be evacuated.

So will there be a remote draft late next month, or will it be delayed?

They need to do whatever has to be done to get this coronavirus thing either under control or over with before August. If it causes the football season to be canceled THAT could be a disaster from which our civilization might never recover!! Dallas finally got rid of Jason Garret and best of all we somehow got New York to hire him. This is a new world in Dallas and nothing is going to hold them back this year. Houston meanwhile took the coach that can't win a playoff game and made him also the General Manager so the apocalypse wouldn't greatly affect Houston's chances of going to a Suber Bowl.