New Type of Ancient Human Found

That's not that long ago, it's a shame the different branches of us died out but I suppose they couldn't compete.

Reactions: Lynne
More and more the human tree is looking like a bush. Modern man seems to be very intolerant of people that are different. This is not just in the far past. Go as a native Tazmanian how we treat different people...Oh yeah, you can't because they are extinct just as are so many of the native American tribes.

On top of our aggressive issues, humans that lived in more "civilized" places were breeding grounds for diseases and when they meet new people they shared it with them. A lot of the native Americans died of what the white man thought was smallpox but it was often just chickenpox. When you have absolutely no resistance to it it will eat you alive.

They are finding all sorts of new "people" in the places like Indonesia. What happened is people went to that area 20,000 years ago during an ice age when the oceans were lower. When the ice age ended they were cut off and trapped on a shrinking landmass and had to adapt.

Homo floresiensis that we call the Hobbits were an example of this. They were tiny but then they hunted tiny elephants. When you put anything in a small place with limited resources they are going to shrink. They had 15,000 years to adapt to their world and probably were wiped out when their larger cousins built boats and spread across the islands. I still can't imagine how they made it to places like Easter Island?????

This was a great find. It amazes me that they can still find remains from that long ago and this was an entire body. I’d like to see a rendering of what she may have looked like. Also if there was any other info about her, like her age and how she died.

Reactions: ozentity