Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Jason Hawes/TAPS
8 hrs ·
All new Travel Channel series coming Fall 2019
Ghost Nation (working title for now)
Jason Hawes/TAPS, Steve Gonsalves and Dave Tango, the trio formerly of Ghost Hunters, return to television by popular demand for all-new explorations of the other side. But now, a whole nation of paranormal investigators is at their fingertips. They'll rally their troops and reconnoiter around the most intriguing cases that need their help. With state-of-the-art technology, Hawes, Gonsalves and Tango will attempt to uncover paranormal evidence like never before, while also debunking false claims. The team also will endeavor to track down the true source of these hauntings and restore peace and order among the living – and the dead.
Help spread the word!

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Interesting, there had been rumors of TAPS returning to television for a while now.

I always found these kind of Paranormal Investigation shows to be overly cheesy. Someone would say "I sense something standing in the corner of the room" then the camera pans to the corner and eerie music plays. This may be look dramatic on screen but for an investigation it's just an empty corner. There is no actual proof of anything being discovered beyond these intangible "senses" of "something". I get that not every investigation is going to yield results but I get suspicious when every building the investigator walks into has "the most powerful negative entity I've ever encountered".

The very first Ghost Hunters episode I ever saw was the exact opposite of these other shows. Not only did they acknowledge that no actual, tangible evidence was found they went on to debunk the home owners experiences and offer solid explanations of what was causing them. The investigation ended with them telling the owner to fix and clean up a bunch of stuff around the house and if anything was still happening after that they would come back. This willingness to basically say "Your house isn't haunted, you're just stupid" was refreshing and gave me much more respect for the evidence the show did reveal.

Dave Schrader has also announced he has a new show debuting this fall most likely on Travel Channel. I have also been hit with a LOT of casting call notices by other networks who want to recruit stories for new shows. It appears the paranormal has gone hot topic again.

Reactions: Lynne
Interesting, there had been rumors of TAPS returning to television for a while now.

I always found these kind of Paranormal Investigation shows to be overly cheesy. Someone would say "I sense something standing in the corner of the room" then the camera pans to the corner and eerie music plays. This may be look dramatic on screen but for an investigation it's just an empty corner. There is no actual proof of anything being discovered beyond these intangible "senses" of "something". I get that not every investigation is going to yield results but I get suspicious when every building the investigator walks into has "the most powerful negative entity I've ever encountered".

The very first Ghost Hunters episode I ever saw was the exact opposite of these other shows. Not only did they acknowledge that no actual, tangible evidence was found they went on to debunk the home owners experiences and offer solid explanations of what was causing them. The investigation ended with them telling the owner to fix and clean up a bunch of stuff around the house and if anything was still happening after that they would come back. This willingness to basically say "Your house isn't haunted, you're just stupid" was refreshing and gave me much more respect for the evidence the show did reveal.

Better yet was the episode where they found the owner of a tourist attraction in California had hoaxed his own paranormal phenomena. He'd set up a fake mask behind the women's bathroom mirror, had a speaker playing spooky sounds hidden in the ceiling, and used a pneumatic piston to move hanging lights over the bar. When they confronted the guy, he just laughed.

If it was a real paranormal phenomenon would it not grow worse from the added attention -focus (on the primary object or experience) ? I recall struggling teens after they’d focused on occult ritual phenomenon occurring, it seemed to grow more devastating the more focused the more oppressed/ oppressive. In new age jargon they’d opened a third eye or chakra or some such and because of their state /anger frustration worry , (rather than calm intellectual curiosity) this thing was really playing with them tormenting them making them frantic, vigilant, fearful and somewhat sullen (but they were a teen, teens are often sullen.) New age jargon implies like attracts like ; I think that might be overly optimistic. Perhaps the safest thing actually was the tourist attractions publicity stunt which Duke shared.

For instance when I shared a paranormal forum.net post by asking them to read it, they read it, turned them with a serious expression on their face and stated to me: “I refuse to discuss it” When I replied, “but it’s interesting what do you think” they responded, “I refuse to think about it, give it any energy, don’t want to attract it here, make contact with it”

If it was a real paranormal phenomenon would it not grow worse from the added attention -focus (on the primary object or experience) ? I recall struggling teens after they’d focused on occult ritual phenomenon occurring, it seemed to grow more devastating the more focused the more oppressed/ oppressive. In new age jargon they’d opened a third eye or chakra or some such and because of their state /anger frustration worry , (rather than calm intellectual curiosity) this thing was really playing with them tormenting them making them frantic, vigilant, fearful and somewhat sullen (but they were a teen, teens are often sullen.) New age jargon implies like attracts like ; I think that might be overly optimistic. Perhaps the safest thing actually was the tourist attractions publicity stunt which Duke shared.

For instance when I shared a paranormal forum.net post by asking them to read it, they read it, turned them with a serious expression on their face and stated to me: “I refuse to discuss it” When I replied, “but it’s interesting what do you think” they responded, “I refuse to think about it, give it any energy, don’t want to attract it here, make contact with it”
When people become focused on something, they can feed into it and cause it to become worse if they are not careful. Using positive energy appears to calm activity, but fear and attention often make the phenomena grow. That is why I have very specific guidelines now listed here for dealing with it. Too many people get caught up in the trap of becoming focused only on proving and documenting it, thus feeding whatever this is with more power and energy.

I had a docent at Mansfield Reformatory tell me all the paranormal TV programs that did shows there took liberties.

I used to really like watching the TAPS show. They were the first out there doing this type of research. However when they were caught faking for the tv show I lost all interest in them. It wouldn’t surprise me if the show flops for this reason. These people have lost the faith of their fans. I have no interest in ever watching any of them again. I have to believe others feel the same. I thought what they did was shameless.

I used to really like watching the TAPS show. They were the first out there doing this type of research. However when they were caught faking for the tv show I lost all interest in them. It wouldn’t surprise me if the show flops for this reason. These people have lost the faith of their fans. I have no interest in ever watching any of them again. I have to believe others feel the same. I thought what they did was shameless.
Lynn I agree when I heard they faked and paid to investigate certain locations I was totally shocked . Now mind you nothing wrong with trying to debunk if you can heck I do it!
But don't say you had paranormal experience and this happened and that happened, go into places being 100% skeptic.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
As mentioned I agreed to appear on Russian TV channel REN to discuss Bob Cranmer's haunting.
But I didn't get paid. I will not sell out.

Somebody once told me that if ever the opportunity presented itself, that I should retain complete ownership of my show. Do not sell yourself out. Just don't do it. He said.