New Hopkinsville, KY, UFO report

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
From MUFON’s Case Management System comes a report from Hopkinsville, Kentucky, on January 26 of this year. The witness said that he watched as a craft hover over the woods. There were three lights, that he thought were field lights until they moved. He said they performed low-level stealth maneuvers for three minutes. A military helicopter arrived, following the lights. The witness took video.

The sighting was investigated by Samuel Whittington, Kentucky’s MUFON Chief Field Investigator. In his report, he wrote:

The craft hovered about a forested area where… it then dipped below the trees as if to land. The craft remained briefly below the trees before I rose again and flew off, only to be intercepted by a military helicopter. Both aircraft soon left the area…. The way the object banks to maneuver is not unprecedented…

Although it was thought the UFO might have landed, Whittington was unable to visit that area. Weather, both rain and ice, intervened, and the witness wasn’t positive about the landing or where the craft might have touched down anyway.

Whittington’s conclusion was that the witness saw an Unknown Aerial Vehicle. This was reported in the May issue of The MUFON Journal.

Reactions: DarkMatter
From MUFON’s Case Management System comes a report from Hopkinsville, Kentucky, on January 26 of this year. The witness said that he watched as a craft hover over the woods. There were three lights, that he thought were field lights until they moved. He said they performed low-level stealth maneuvers for three minutes. A military helicopter arrived, following the lights. The witness took video.

The sighting was investigated by Samuel Whittington, Kentucky’s MUFON Chief Field Investigator. In his report, he wrote:

The craft hovered about a forested area where… it then dipped below the trees as if to land. The craft remained briefly below the trees before I rose again and flew off, only to be intercepted by a military helicopter. Both aircraft soon left the area…. The way the object banks to maneuver is not unprecedented…

Although it was thought the UFO might have landed, Whittington was unable to visit that area. Weather, both rain and ice, intervened, and the witness wasn’t positive about the landing or where the craft might have touched down anyway.

Whittington’s conclusion was that the witness saw an Unknown Aerial Vehicle. This was reported in the May issue of The MUFON Journal.

Would be interesting to see the video and get more specifics on the sighting. I'd also like to know what "stealth maneuvers" are. Nape-of-the-earth/terrain masking maybe?

Hopkinsville is just north of Ft Campbell, home of the US Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, otherwise known as the "Night Stalkers." It would not be a surprise if these guys were flying some new black world helicopter. The fact the UFO was seen to hover and "bank(s) to maneuver" sounds very much like a helicopter.

I'd be keen to know what noise, if any, the object made. The Army and their industry partners have been trying to make helicopters quieter for many years. You hear helicopters long before you see them with the naked eye.

Would be interesting to see the video and get more specifics on the sighting. I'd also like to know what "stealth maneuvers" are. Nape-of-the-earth/terrain masking maybe?

Hopkinsville is just north of Ft Campbell, home of the US Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, otherwise known as the "Night Stalkers." It would not be a surprise if these guys were flying some new black world helicopter. The fact the UFO was seen to hover and "bank(s) to maneuver" sounds very much like a helicopter.

I'd be keen to know what noise, if any, the object made. The Army and their industry partners have been trying to make helicoptersquieter for many years. You hear helicopters long before you see them with the naked eye.
I did not see the video posted anywhere, Duke. Haven't looked that deeply at Mufon report directly so it may be there?

I did not see the video posted anywhere, Duke. Haven't looked that deeply at Mufon report directly so it may be there?
I looked on both the article you posted and the MUFON website, could not find it either place. Also checked the Hopkinsville newspaper.

From what I see, to get any useful information from the MUFON website, you have to be a member. I think that's very shortsighted of them.

I did check NUFORC's site and found a report that matches this one very closely, but it occurred a week later and does not mention video.

Reactions: Debi
I looked on both the article you posted and the MUFON website, could not find it either place. Also checked the Hopkinsville newspaper.

From what I see, to get any useful information from the MUFON website, you have to be a member. I think that's very shortsighted of them.

I did check NUFORC's site and found a report that matches this one very closely, but it occurred a week later and does not mention video.

That's because MUFON is now feeding all info over to the government. And has been for awhile.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke