New here, can ya help a skeptic out?

Sik_7

Reaction score
Ok so this will most likely be anticlimactic to most, but over the course of the last 5 years on 3 separate occasions have I myself and always someone else albeit different people have seen a particular shot glass of mine go from standing still to flying off a shelf that holds about 30 of them. Like I said I'm a skeptic so I have done ze science!! No pipes in the wall where the shot glass shelf is, no one near the wall on all 3 occasions and when I said fly.. I meant it because that sucker came off with a wide arc and resting far enough where it had no business making it to. It always came with this uneasy feeling that what I saw simply could not be possible. One of the witnesses, my father, also a huge skeptic has a theory that perhaps we're bumping dimensions.. we are just seriously grasping for straws here.. we're at a loss. I've never felt threatened, the only experience is with the shot glass in our house. We've moved it to different spots on the shelf and it's only ever been the particular one. The others all show no sign of movement. I'm still a skeptic but, I'll tell you, my better half is running thin because, simply, what I saw just shouldn't be, know what I mean?

Reactions: Charleh
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It is not uncommon for certain items to have an attachment. Did you perhaps pick this shot glass up from a sale? inherited ? From a bar? It sure sounds like this is the case since your activity is isolated to this item.

Hmm you know I honestly didn't give that much thought, but no.. it was just a run of the mill random shot glass I had picked up from this store called Spencer's.. there were several of them all the same. That was a good thought tho, honestly I was embarrassed to bring this up anywhere even to friends because I feel a bit crazy. I know it doesn't seem to make sense and I guess the only relief comes from know a second and third set of eyes had seen it

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hmm you know I honestly didn't give that much thought, but no.. it was just a run of the mill random shot glass I had picked up from this store called Spencer's.. there were several of them all the same. That was a good thought tho, honestly I was embarrassed to bring this up anywhere even to friends because I feel a bit crazy. I know it doesn't seem to make sense and I guess the only relief comes from know a second and third set of eyes had seen it
Welcome, my new skeptic! :)

Spencer's....the gift shop where strange items live? Glad you've already done ze science, but a few more questions. Believe it or not, good paranaormal researchers rule out everything possible before calling something paranormal so quiz time here. Does the glass have any images or sayings on it? Is it the normal weight of an average shot glass? Is there any metal on this glass? Have you tried putting the glass in a different place on the shelf or is it flying off the same place each time? Anything happening in the room just prior to these flights?

Welcome to the forum as you can see we love us a good skeptic so stick around :D

And I don't know America had Spencer's. Yup lots of strange things. Not really kid friendly merchandise but kids go in there to see the lava lamps lol

Welcome to the forum as you can see we love us a good skeptic so stick around :D

And I don't know America had Spencer's. Yup lots of strange things. Not really kid friendly merchandise but kids go in there to see the lava lamps lol
Oh yes...we do! And I got my first lava lamp there years ago. :)

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
I remember when it was still Spencer's gifts! As children, we used to go there to ogle all the cool novelty items. Just looked it up on Wiki and saw that it merged with another concern, in 1967. They were mail order first, and I used to sell Christmas cards from them.

Now, about that shot glass. I get the impression that somebody unseen is trying to tell you something. It is sort of like playing charades and you are supposed to understand the hint; maddening, but true. I once had an apparition appear next to my exercise bike, and while is scared the stuff out of me, I didn't make the connection until my daughter's bike, which she had left outside, was stolen the very next day.

Reactions: Lynne
Interesting.

Since you have only seen it happen a few time, is there any signs of this happening when nobody is around? For example the shot glass is on the shelf when you leave the house and on the floor or somewhere else when you return? Or is it in a different position in the morning when you wake up than the night before?

I know Spencer's sells "witchy" kind of things, like ouija boards or those "a spell a day" type books. I actually buy my palo Santo wood there. Does this shot glass have any strange symbols on it?

Hi sik 7 I think most people are skeptics until they witness a few unexplainable happenings.Your dad sounds fairly open if he's talking about other dimensions.Sometimes the paranormal can surprise even a die hard non believer.I've had a glass explode on a shelf full of other glasses without damaging the others but not what you've seen.Maybe something is trying to convince you,if you keep experiencing things like that it does make you think.

Reactions: Stevedog and Mokey