New here, but want suggestions, please

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. Tonight, it n a firm voice, I will tell it it's not welcome and it needs to leave.
I have another question: apparently the previous owner was a ham radio operator, and there is still a very large antenna on the property. Coaxial cables come into the house from it, which obviously are no longer connected to anything. Could this antenna be attracting paranormal activity, and bringing it into the house? Thanks again!

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. Tonight, it n a firm voice, I will tell it it's not welcome and it needs to leave.
I have another question: apparently the previous owner was a ham radio operator, and there is still a very large antenna on the property. Coaxial cables come into the house from it, which obviously are no longer connected to anything. Could this antenna be attracting paranormal activity, and bringing it into the house? Thanks again!
Let me share an experience I had with a Ham radio antenna! The neighbor put one up and suddenly my computer was talking to me. "Hello, good buddy! That's a 10-4". Also picked it up on my phone. This may be where your voice is coming from.

Could very well be possible. People can be antennas themselves, so stick a bigger one on a home and could amplify. Curious if previous owner is still alive. Maybe, they are ones 'visiting'. Either way, i'd still tell it to get lost lol. Nobody should ever feel uncomfortable where they live.

Could very well be possible. People can be antennas themselves, so stick a bigger one on a home and could amplify. Curious if previous owner is still alive. Maybe, they are ones 'visiting'. Either way, i'd still tell it to get lost lol. Nobody should ever feel uncomfortable where they live.
Hi selectric, thanks, I slept great last night. I went around to every room before bed and in a firm voice, said this is my home and they need to leave.
The previous owner passed years ago. I'm going to see if the landlord will let me have the antenna removed.

Hi Walk !
Welcome aboard and I really don't have anything to add because I'm a lot like you. I stay away from paranormal things especially ghosts. ( unless it's a precognition dream or a sixth sense to stay away from danger - I don't go looking for trouble.)
I get to live vicariously through a lot of people here.

Question - does a ham radio have a left Channel and a right Channel like stereo headphones ? Maybe somebody was Broadcasting and ask the question what ear do you want me to speak to you in ?

That doesn't necessarily mean there's not an American Indian connection. I really believe that. I live near Chicago and there is a big American Indian connection to the forest and lakes around here. Good move with sage. In the fall when I clean up my herb beds I toss some sage in the fireplace. Just to say hello and I recognize you were here first .

What part of Colorado ? I have cousins in Vail , Golden & and whatever town Keystone is near. What a beautiful state.

Hi, I rent a house in rural Colorado, and I'm only here in the summer. The house is empty all winter. I've been renting here for six years now.
My first night here this summer, I had a scary experience. It n the middle of the night, A sort of mechanical sounding male voice spoke into my left ear, and asked which ear I want to get messages in.
I've been afraid ever since. I have saged the house myself, and tried to fill the home with my energy by cleaning, cooking, eating and living here. But I'm still afraid at night. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Please have the house searched for electronic devices. That is the first thing you should look for, if you find nothing then think about the paranormal. You could let someone send you to crazy town if you don't first explore the physical options before going to paramormal. The other suggestion I have is to quit your rental and find a new one.

Please have the house searched for electronic devices. That is the first thing you should look for, if you find nothing then think about the paranormal. You could let someone send you to crazy town if you don't first explore the physical options before going to paramormal. The other suggestion I have is to quit your rental and find a new one.
The thought there might be electronic devices in the house was why I asked her to describe the voice she heard. Debi's point about a nearby ham operator is also valid.

Hi selectric, thanks, I slept great last night. I went around to every room before bed and in a firm voice, said this is my home and they need to leave.
The previous owner passed years ago. I'm going to see if the landlord will let me have the antenna removed.
That is awesome Walkinanteek :) I am glad you had a peaceful night. There are times that is all it takes to remove something. I am glad that it worked out for you. Keep us posted to make sure all is good. Believe me i know all about being bothered while sleeping and the second you know it will not bother you no more is quite priceless :)

Last edited:
Welcome Walk, an interesting name, does it have a special meaning? Sorry to hear you have had a scare. Most of us here have had events happen to us, so we know the fear it brings. I would really suggest reading through the suggestions Debi posted to you above. The St. Michaels prayer is very powerful and said before going to sleep will protect you through the night. I personally would suggest wearing a blessed medal to bed also. I don't know your religious prefrence but if you are of the faith, that might give you more assurance while you are sleeping. Stale energy caused from a closed up house may have been an attraction for whatever is in that area. I think after you shake out the dust and sweep the floors the energy will not be as attractive. Play happy music and lighten your mood too. Anything you can do to raise the vibes in the house. keep us posted on your situation. Best of luck.