New Graves Found at Stonehenge

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I really hope the authorities rethink this highway project. I can't help but wonder what insights will be lost to us about the past if care isn't taken to preserve this and other sites around the world that hold ancient artifacts and even human remains. I understand the need for progress, but progress without regard for our ancient past is likely to leave us unable to appreciate that progress due to lack of historical context. Just look at how much trouble authorities in Rome are having trying to keep the Colosseum from crumbling. There's a busy boulevard that runs right along side it and the traffic and noise (not to mention the pollution) are having a very detrimental impact on that ancient structure.

I agree they should re rout it however an underground tunnel wouldn’t change the landscape at all

Reactions: Walking Goose
I agree they should re rout it however an underground tunnel wouldn’t change the landscape at all
I agree with what you're saying abut the landscape, but we really don't know what else is down there underneath the surface. Plus, the sound and vibration underground could impact what's on the landscape in unexpected ways, including Stonehenge itself.

Reactions: Walking Goose
IMO a people that doesnt honor their ancestors is doomed. Its very common to think we are at the pinnacle of life on earth but I wonder if we at the lowest point at times. Technology is great but at what price?

Last edited: