New experiences...

joe88moore

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So, I’m 29 years old and from UK, all through my life I’ve had small - unexplainable - experiences, and always thought to myself “it’s not ghosts, I’m imagining things” but funnily as I’ve got older and older, these “experiences” have got a lot more frequent.

I used to - as a child - live in a house that was built in the 7th - 8th century for those who were building a large historical building in the area. There was also a significant historical battle around my house of the time back in the 1400’s, so the house I lived in would’ve been the Center of a lot of deaths, so potentially a lot of untested spirits around.
Whilst living in this house I used to suffer night terrors, I was scared of the dark, things would fall off my shelves in the night and I worst of all, I could at all times, in my bedroom, hear a soft breathing noise which no one else in my family could hear.
My sister at the age of about 3 one night came downstairs, white as a sheet, saying that the man in the purple shiny dress wants her to go with him and talks to her at night. All of these things were put down to us being kids, but now looking back I’m not so sure.
Anyway, fast forward 25 or so years to present day - lots and lots of small things through life - and I have recently moved into my girlfriends house. She claims that since she has lived here she has experienced lots and lots of unexplainable events.
One thing I noticed is that there are lots of “hot patches” in the house. You also see things out of the corner of your eye very regularly. The eeriest moment was when we were lying on the bed one afternoon, and she jumped, because someone grabbed her hand, and she could see both of my hands!
We have both seen a strange shadow go across the bedroom doorway, it’s not in the shape of a person, it’s just a dark patch go straight over the bedroom doorway. What makes it more interesting is that it actually moves through the air, not against the door frame like An actual shadow might.
I don’t feel like it’s a bad energy in the house, there’s energies in there, that’s a given, you can always feel like there is someone else or something else there, but I don’t feel threatened in anyway shape or form.
As someone who is new to this, who doesn’t necessarily understand everything paranormal, would anyone like to give me any words of guidance? Maybe, what I should do to find out who or what it is, or what’s happening? Or does anyone have any questions for me at all?
I’m not really sure what I’m hoping to gain from this, I guess it’s more of an understanding as I am a person who’s never been a “believer” but over recent years, have realised that I’m not a believer... I’m a witness to the paranormal world.
Thanks

Joe

Reactions: Lynne
Welcome to the forum, Joe! I'm all sorts of behind tonight, but will talk more soon to you!

Reactions: joe88moore
Welcome to the forum. So are you still having encounters like this? And do they seem to be the same energy most of the time? Idk about you but sometimes I can sense whether it’s the same thing or not.

Welcome to the forum. So are you still having encounters like this? And do they seem to be the same energy most of the time? Idk about you but sometimes I can sense whether it’s the same thing or not.
Hi, thanks!
Yeah these are things happening daily, sometimes even hourly. Like, I walk in the house and almost feel like I’ve been greeted at the door. The hand incident only happened a few days ago, we both witnessed the shadow in the door way only 12 hours ago...
Thanks for having a read :)

Reactions: Lynne
Hi Joe. Glad you found us. We’re all learning together so thanks for sharing. Have you considered moving? That sounds like a lot of activity! I don’t think I could deal with that on a daily basis.

There’s the usual cleaning techniques we can refer you to if you feel that’s what you’d like to do?

Do you have mood swings or feel like you or your partner are effected emotionally ? Sometimes these things can ruin relationships, cause depression or health issues. If it’s just nuisance stuff you may feel ok with living with it. Keep us posted. And welcome to the forum.