Nessie gets designer tartan

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Loch Ness Monster gets its own tartan from award-winning designers

THE LOCH Ness Monster now has its own tartan - after a design was lodged with the official Scottish Register of Tartans in Edinburgh.

The Nessie Tartan has been designed to be worn by "for Loch Ness monster lovers all over the world".

It features different shades of blue for the monster and Loch Ness as well as grey for ripples in the water and green for the surrounding hills and glens.

The pattern was produced by House of Edgar in Perth for award-winning Glasgow-based The Promotional Warehouse.

Registration notes for the tartan, which is currently in production, state: "Created for Loch Ness monster lovers all over the world.

"Colours: dark blue for Loch Ness; green for the hills and glens surrounding Loch Ness; white for the clouds reflecting on the loch; blue for the skies of a sunny highland day and the dark colour of Nessie's skin."

Designer Mairi MacLeod of House of Edgar, who has come up with several tartans previously, said: "I loved doing this one.
"The greens, blues and greys represent the monster and the Highlands of Scotland and the weather.

"The lines in the tartan, the greys, represent the ripples in the water the monster would make."

Reactions: TonyM
After losing so much weight I need a new kilt made and this might do it. My current tartan is this which reflects my name, I think I posted a pic some time past.

monaghan_twill.jpg

After losing so much weight I need a new kilt made and this might do it. My current tartan is this which reflects my name, I think I posted a pic some time past.

monaghan_twill.jpg
I remember. So, going with the Ness pattern? It is rather striking!

Reactions: Lynne and TonyM
I remember. So, going with the Ness pattern? It is rather striking!

I think it's great and something I'd be proud to wear. Kilts without all the trappings are very expensive as they are made to order, a full casual outfit will cost anything up to $1500 and much more for a full formal.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi