Neighbor Stories

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THERE ARE GOOD NEIGHBORS AND THEN THE REALLY, REALLY BAD ONES!
WHAT'S YOUR WORST NEIGHBOR STORY?
WHAT'S THE BEST NEIGHBOR STORY?

1620151335730.png

Good topic! I am trying to avoid negativity, so I will share a good neighbor story. When I lived in Florida, my next door neighbors were a really nice couple who owned a couple of cats. Come to think of it, most of the people in that section of the block were nice. Most were cat lovers, so whenever someone was going to be away, the others would look after their cats. We also had a small feral cat population. So food and water was always put out for them. They also had a garden and were very generous with sharing the veggies with us.

Years ago we had a neighbor behind us who was a commercial real estate developer. They did a lot of entertaining in their beautiful back yard, complete with high end landscaping, bricked grill, hot tub, and gazebo that acted as a bar. We'd occasionally wave across the fence/hedge that divided the properties, but that was about it.

A number of years later, Mrs Duke decided to start a compost pile in the back yard. Several months into it, the neighbor motioned to me as I was mowing the yard. He immediately started ranting about our "trash pit," and demanded we remove it because it embarrassed him in front of his clients. He called us "hillbillies" and said if it wasn't gone within a week, he'd "call the city."

A few weeks later an inspector knocked on our front door and let us know he was there to investigate a complaint about a trash pile. I walked out with him and in less than a minute he completed his inspection. He told me everything was fine and to not worry about it, but he did comment on how angry the neighbor had been.

As a natural born counter puncher, I decided to mess with him. First I strung up a clothes line between two trees parallel to the fence/hedges. The next day I went to a couple different thrift stores where I bought size "mumbo jumbo" panties, bras, and briefs. I also picked up a tin of brown shoe polish. Now it was a waiting game.

A few weeks later, they hosted another wing ding, and just as things were getting going, I went out (in bib overalls) and hung up the massive undergarments (with appropriately located shoe polish "skidmarks") I'd bought on the clothes line. Within minutes, they all went back inside. He never spoke to me again, and he never caused us anymore trouble. He eventually died and his wife sold the house.

Years ago we had a neighbor behind us who was a commercial real estate developer. They did a lot of entertaining in their beautiful back yard, complete with high end landscaping, bricked grill, hot tub, and gazebo that acted as a bar. We'd occasionally wave across the fence/hedge that divided the properties, but that was about it.

A number of years later, Mrs Duke decided to start a compose pile in the back yard. Several months into it, the neighbor motioned to me as I was mowing the yard. He immediately started ranting about our "trash pit," and demanded we remove it because it embarrassed him in front of his clients. He called us "hillbillies" and said if it wasn't gone within a week, he'd "call the city."

A few weeks later an inspector knocked on our front door and let us know he was there to investigate a complaint about a trash pile. I walked out with him and in less than a minute he completed his inspection. He told me everything was fine and to not worry about it, but he did comment on how angry the neighbor had been.

As a natural born counter puncher, I decided to mess with him. First I strung up a clothes line between two trees parallel to the fence/hedges. The next day I went to a couple different thrift stores where I bought size "mumbo jumbo" panties, bras, and briefs. I also picked up a tin of brown shoe polish. Now it was a waiting game.

A few weeks later, they hosted another wing ding, and just as things were getting going, I went out (in bib overalls) and hung up the massive undergarments (with appropriately located shoe polish "skidmarks") I'd bought on the clothes line. Within minutes, they all went back inside. He never spoke to me again, and he never caused us anymore trouble. He eventually died and his wife sold the house.
:cool: ;bg3

A number of years later, Mrs Duke decided to start a compost pile in the back yard. Several months into it, the neighbor motioned to me as I was mowing the yard. He immediately started ranting about our "trash pit," and demanded we remove it because it embarrassed him in front of his clients. He called us "hillbillies" and said if it wasn't gone within a week, he'd "call the city."

Whoa! Remind me to never tick you off! lol

Whoa! Remind me to never tick you off! lol
It was a measured response, had another couple in my hip pocket had it been neccessary. I'm almost sorry we didn't get to put phase 2 into action. Remind me to tell you about it. Phase 3 involved a dump truck load of horse excrement.

It was a measured response, had another couple in my hip pocket had it been neccessary. I'm almost sorry we didn't get to put phase 2 into action. Remind me to tell you about it. Phase 3 involved a dump truck load of horse excrement.
Holy shit! Literally....

I lived in a house behind a outlaw bike club, one day when their line was full of expensive clothes my young dog, a wolfhound got through the fence and shredded their clothes. I was horrified and called the dog back through the broken paling just as a group of bikes came home. I held the paling up laying in the grass and heard the yelling and abuse. They didn't see me so I fixed the paling when they left and never got caught, if I had I'm sure I wouldn't be writing this today, lol.

Well, I have another story which is about bad neighbors. This happened years ago, when my little girl was about ten. My father had given her a bike for her birthday and she used to leave it in the back yard of the apartment house we lived in. It was a three family house, so the neighbors on one side had a little girl too, and she left her bike out too. We got some really unsavory new neighbors; two young men. They started littering the nice yard with cigarette butts and beer bottles, and they would stand outside and curse a lot. The kids could no longer play in the back yard. One day I asked them to keep their loud music down because it was late and we were trying to sleep. They called me a nasty name. The next day, my daughter's brand new bike went missing. I figured they felt free to do this because I was a single mother and they figured I couldn't do anything about it.

I decided enough was enough.

I start watching them, and noticed that they seemed to be having a lot of visitors who only stayed for a short time. I strongly suspected drug activity and knew I had to tread carefully. I called the Vice Squad and reported my suspicions, and asked to remain anonymous. I was given a code name, and they asked me to observe whenever a strange car showed up, and to unobtrusively collect license plate numbers. Then I was to use my code name and phone them in once a week. I could see the cars clearly from an upstairs window by using the view finder on my camera. My daughter helped, under pretense of checking for mail; we had one of those curbside mailboxes. She would casually glance at whatever car was parked there and memorize the license plate then I would add it to the list.

In the meantime I started looking for a new place to live. A month after we moved out, we had the good fortune to see the news story about how a S.W.A.T team descended on that house and busted the members of a drug ring. They were all arrested.

Well, I have another story which is about bad neighbors. This happened years ago, when my little girl was about ten. My father had given her a bike for her birthday and she used to leave it in the back yard of the apartment house we lived in. It was a three family house, so the neighbors on one side had a little girl too, and she left her bike out too. We got some really unsavory new neighbors; two young men. They started littering the nice yard with cigarette butts and beer bottles, and they would stand outside and curse a lot. The kids could no longer play in the back yard. One day I asked them to keep their loud music down because it was late and we were trying to sleep. They called me a nasty name. The next day, my daughter's brand new bike went missing. I figured they felt free to do this because I was a single mother and they figured I couldn't do anything about it.

I decided enough was enough.

I start watching them, and noticed that they seemed to be having a lot of visitors who only stayed for a short time. I strongly suspected drug activity and knew I had to tread carefully. I called the Vice Squad and reported my suspicions, and asked to remain anonymous. I was given a code name, and they asked me to observe whenever a strange car showed up, and to unobtrusively collect license plate numbers. Then I was to use my code name and phone them in once a week. I could see the cars clearly from an upstairs window by using the view finder on my camera. My daughter helped, under pretense of checking for mail; we had one of those curbside mailboxes. She would casually glance at whatever car was parked there and memorize the license plate then I would add it to the list.

In the meantime I started looking for a new place to live. A month after we moved out, we had the good fortune to see the news story about how a S.W.A.T team descended on that house and busted the members of a drug ring. They were all arrested.
That will teach them not to harass the neighbors. You'd think if they were up to no good they would be extra nice.