Neighbor Stories

The first thing Bugs says is, "Of course." What's said to him over the cell phone before that is unintelligible.
i meant what is said over the phone. I hear "julie" it kinda freaked me out.

The Lord works in mysterious ways...

ciao for now !

Reactions: Duke
Years ago we had a neighbor behind us who was a commercial real estate developer. They did a lot of entertaining in their beautiful back yard, complete with high end landscaping, bricked grill, hot tub, and gazebo that acted as a bar. We'd occasionally wave across the fence/hedge that divided the properties, but that was about it.

A number of years later, Mrs Duke decided to start a compost pile in the back yard. Several months into it, the neighbor motioned to me as I was mowing the yard. He immediately started ranting about our "trash pit," and demanded we remove it because it embarrassed him in front of his clients. He called us "hillbillies" and said if it wasn't gone within a week, he'd "call the city."

A few weeks later an inspector knocked on our front door and let us know he was there to investigate a complaint about a trash pile. I walked out with him and in less than a minute he completed his inspection. He told me everything was fine and to not worry about it, but he did comment on how angry the neighbor had been.

As a natural born counter puncher, I decided to mess with him. First I strung up a clothes line between two trees parallel to the fence/hedges. The next day I went to a couple different thrift stores where I bought size "mumbo jumbo" panties, bras, and briefs. I also picked up a tin of brown shoe polish. Now it was a waiting game.

A few weeks later, they hosted another wing ding, and just as things were getting going, I went out (in bib overalls) and hung up the massive undergarments (with appropriately located shoe polish "skidmarks") I'd bought on the clothes line. Within minutes, they all went back inside. He never spoke to me again, and he never caused us anymore trouble. He eventually died and his wife sold the house.
Best story ever !!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Well, I have another story which is about bad neighbors. This happened years ago, when my little girl was about ten. My father had given her a bike for her birthday and she used to leave it in the back yard of the apartment house we lived in. It was a three family house, so the neighbors on one side had a little girl too, and she left her bike out too. We got some really unsavory new neighbors; two young men. They started littering the nice yard with cigarette butts and beer bottles, and they would stand outside and curse a lot. The kids could no longer play in the back yard. One day I asked them to keep their loud music down because it was late and we were trying to sleep. They called me a nasty name. The next day, my daughter's brand new bike went missing. I figured they felt free to do this because I was a single mother and they figured I couldn't do anything about it.

I decided enough was enough.

I start watching them, and noticed that they seemed to be having a lot of visitors who only stayed for a short time. I strongly suspected drug activity and knew I had to tread carefully. I called the Vice Squad and reported my suspicions, and asked to remain anonymous. I was given a code name, and they asked me to observe whenever a strange car showed up, and to unobtrusively collect license plate numbers. Then I was to use my code name and phone them in once a week. I could see the cars clearly from an upstairs window by using the view finder on my camera. My daughter helped, under pretense of checking for mail; we had one of those curbside mailboxes. She would casually glance at whatever car was parked there and memorize the license plate then I would add it to the list.

In the meantime I started looking for a new place to live. A month after we moved out, we had the good fortune to see the news story about how a S.W.A.T team descended on that house and busted the members of a drug ring. They were all arrested.
Wow that’s an amazing brave story.

Reactions: garnetsilver
My neighbors listen to The Rolling Stones whether they like it or not....
My bad neighbor story is someone that still lives two doors down and owns one of the houses next to me. He was cutting a tree down with a chainsaw at 6 a.m.. The short story is I went out and asked him to stop and he did until 6:30 a.m.. at 6:30 I went out and yelled at him and such a way that probably peeled paint off of the space station and would have made my Drill Sergeant blush. He called the cops on me. All ok.
Here it is 4 years later 'n this guy won't look at me or talk to me. When I see him outside I always make sure to honk and wave because it scares the ×#!$ out of him. I really should cut him some slack because I don't think he's right in the head. He mows every 3 days, rain or shine, always in heavy sweat pants and a heavy sweatshirt with a giant hat. 100° even.

God forbid he ever drops when he's cutting the lawn in a hundred degree heat. I may decide to eventually get around 2 helping him.

Otherwise I have some really cool neighbors. 79 year old guy is giving me a master's class on golf club building because that's what he used to do. And one day one of the neighbors found a lost dog and got about a dozen of us together to search out its owner. And another neighbor made sure that Little Joe's family was adopted out. He is my semi feral lake kitten.

I thought neighbors had problems because most people live close together in towns and cities but my mate has 400 acres and when I said how lucky he is with no one close he replied he'd had nothing but trouble from neighbors, even with blocks that big.
With the close proximity of mobile homes, it's easy to see how there can be issues with our seniors at the Park. Plus, seniors are up at crazy hours. I get reports that "this white car came by the last 4 days at 3:20,2:15,2:45,2:47". One of them brought me into their front bathroom and showed me how they spy on the washroom by removing a pillow,a towel,a piece of cardboard and then peek thru the bottom of their window that's open about 5 centimeters. Then they said they know the engine of the car and listen to it when it goes across the street to the grocery store parking lot. I thought old people are supposed to be deaf?! Not our seniors...Hearing like a fox.