Neighbor Stories

No What,where?
Novello played "Father Guido Sarducci" on SNL, but his other alter ego was letter writer "Lazlo Toth." He did a couple books filled with correspondence with politicians, celebrities, businesses, charities, etc. The best were his letters to/from Richard Nixon, both during and after his presidency. Ironically (and sadly), reading those farcical letters written in the 70s/80s don't seem all that out of scope when viewed as a function of today's America.

Reactions: Paulm
Duke..

1620240057292.png

I thought neighbors had problems because most people live close together in towns and cities but my mate has 400 acres and when I said how lucky he is with no one close he replied he'd had nothing but trouble from neighbors, even with blocks that big.

Novello played "Father Guido Sarducci" on SNL, but his other alter ego was letter writer "Lazlo Toth." He did a couple books filled with correspondence with politicians, celebrities, businesses, charities, etc. The best were his letters to/from Richard Nixon, both during and after his presidency. Ironically (and sadly), reading those farcical letters written in the 70s/80s don't seem all that out of scope when viewed as a function of today's America.
His stand-up comedy in night clubs features "Father Guido Sarducci," the gossip columnist and rock critic for the Vatican newspaper, who is trying to make monsignor because of the way that rank improves the veal at Italian restaurants.

Father Guido's plan is to change the logo of the Catholic church from the crucifixion ("a downer") to something optimistic ("like Charlie the Tuna, who always believes he'll be chosen")

Cracks me up...

what is the first word Bugs says in this clip?
The first thing Bugs says is, "Of course." What's said to him over the cell phone before that is unintelligible.