Need new food...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I am SOOOO bored with all my recipes!
Help!
Need new ideas!

Don't need complete recipes...just give me ideas for NEW FOOD on my table!

338398029_1425312658008577_5177478711542363034_n.jpg

I have rediscovered tv dinners. There are some good ones out there. I like the Hungryman ones. You get enough for a lady to feel full; a guy might need 2. They are fairly affordable and super convenient when you hit the wall. I do not like them microwaved, however. Then there are the pot pies, always a quick and cheap meal. I am not very clever in the kitchen so I will await what the others present here. I could use some advice too.

A quick fix chili never disappoints. I'll use a jar of Tabasco Seven Spice chili starter and add ground beef or turkey consisting of 85% lean and 15% fat, light/dark kidney beans, Del Monte Ready for chili diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, Hot Mexican Chili powder with a dash of Oregano. The turkey variant is very, very good, but beef is more filling. The higher quality the better. Best served over rice, or in a bowl. But it's highly addicting when it's served with Doritos Spicy Sweet chili.

I do almost all the cooking for my family, but i also work so i like meals that don't take a lot of time to prepare. For quick and easy I like:

Shrimp Scampi. I spend more time waiting for the water to start boiling for my noodles than I do actually cooking the shrimp and sauce. When I first offered to make it my wife said she didn't want me to make something that fancy and complicated. I told her it's basically putting together 10 ingredients in 10 minutes. A frozen pizza takes longer than that.

Pan fried Pork Chops with Rice. This one is pretty quick, about 25 minutes. I get the thick cut pork chops and some fresh herbs, usually rosemary and thyme. Some of the herbs go in with the rice and the rest go in the pan with the pork chops. I do the chef thing where I put olive oil and butter in the pan and spoon it over the meat as it cooks. This not only adds flavor but actually cooks the meat faster.

Blackened Salmon. This one is quick to make but the clean up is a little harder. The blackening seasoning is literally burning in the pan so it gets a bit smokey and requires a bit of elbow grease to clean burnt on spices. The results are well worth it however and the actual cook time is less than 10 minutes.

Broccoli Beef. It's Aisan style with my homemade teriyaki sauce but again it's pretty quick and easy. Waiting for the rice to finish is the longest part.

Street Tacos. The kind you get from the guy on the corner with a rickety skillet, not the kind from a drive through. They are basic, just beef, spices, pico de gallo and cheese wrapped in a hot crispy corn tortilla but very quick to make and full of flavor.

I also have a collection of soup recipes and some basic pasta dishes like spaghetti bolognese, chicken or shrimp Alfredo and chicken scarpariello along with classics like meatloaf and pot roast but those take at least an hour so they are more for weekends or Friday nights.

I do almost all the cooking for my family, but i also work so i like meals that don't take a lot of time to prepare. For quick and easy I like:

Shrimp Scampi. I spend more time waiting for the water to start boiling for my noodles than I do actually cooking the shrimp and sauce. When I first offered to make it my wife said she didn't want me to make something that fancy and complicated. I told her it's basically putting together 10 ingredients in 10 minutes. A frozen pizza takes longer than that.

Pan fried Pork Chops with Rice. This one is pretty quick, about 25 minutes. I get the thick cut pork chops and some fresh herbs, usually rosemary and thyme. Some of the herbs go in with the rice and the rest go in the pan with the pork chops. I do the chef thing where I put olive oil and butter in the pan and spoon it over the meat as it cooks. This not only adds flavor but actually cooks the meat faster.

Blackened Salmon. This one is quick to make but the clean up is a little harder. The blackening seasoning is literally burning in the pan so it gets a bit smokey and requires a bit of elbow grease to clean burnt on spices. The results are well worth it however and the actual cook time is less than 10 minutes.

Broccoli Beef. It's Aisan style with my homemade teriyaki sauce but again it's pretty quick and easy. Waiting for the rice to finish is the longest part.

Street Tacos. The kind you get from the guy on the corner with a rickety skillet, not the kind from a drive through. They are basic, just beef, spices, pico de gallo and cheese wrapped in a hot crispy corn tortilla but very quick to make and full of flavor.

I also have a collection of soup recipes and some basic pasta dishes like spaghetti bolognese, chicken or shrimp Alfredo and chicken scarpariello along with classics like meatloaf and pot roast but those take at least an hour so they are more for weekends or Friday nights.
Wow I am impressed! I am coming over for dinner at your house lol.

Laksa soup using store bought paste and garnish with fresh bean sprouts and dried onion. You will have to look it up but it's a totally different meal and taste.