Neat freak or...

My 15 yr. old grandson has his own forge and is now a practicing black smith. He's been training for two years with a local guy. I have a railroad spike lamp in my living room. He goes to junk yards for scrap metal and especially loves to work from spikes. And you would not believe the fantastic knives he creates! Fun hobby.
and that is outstanding at 15 years old. blacksmithing is almost a forgotten artform. and also one that can be very high in demand in the right places, or to open your own shop. great future for him

Reactions: Debi
and that is outstanding at 15 years old. blacksmithing is almost a forgotten artform. and also one that can be very high in demand in the right places, or to open your own shop. great future for him
This has the turned look to it but you can't see it well in a photo. Got it last Xmas from him.

20210324_132918.jpg

This has the turned look to it but you can't see it well in a photo. Got it last Xmas from him.

View attachment 31303
that is cool, metal work is fun, i wish i had more time to devote to that also, but most of my time is taken between art and wood working. with very little welding thrown in...lol. but man, ive seen some amazing metal sculptures created....like art, anything you can dream of, you can create.

Reactions: Debi
Holy molly ! Looking good.
(Paul, between me and you and the wallpaper, I have no artistic skills) if you want me to paint a shopping mall I'm probably in the top five guys that could do that well. Sometimes I pick up a brush and sometimes I don't. Otherwise I look at all you guys and look on and Ponder.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi