NDE's and the afterlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Ghost Logic

Reaction score
There are many fascinating & beautiful NDE tales and a common counter-argument to these being proof of an afterlife is that it's simply the brain shutting down and as part of that, releasing a rush of DMT (and/or other chemicals).

If that's true, then why? - do you suppose this process is there to ease one's last moments of anguish and fear? (and would that suggest some sort of empathy in the "design"?)
If there's nothing else after you die and it really is "game over", then why would this process exist at all? --It's not like you could care after the fact.

Thomas Edison before passing away awoke briefly from a coma and exclaimed "It is very beautiful over there!", and more famously perhaps, Steve Jobs' last words were "Oh wow! oh wow! oh wow!".
When reading things like this, i'm more inclined to think that there is an afterlife, but if i'm wrong then I guess I'll get over it quick :grin:

Thoughts, comments, and insights welcome :)

Great thread, MrGhostLogic There have been too many patients who have "died" on the operating table and came back to tell stories for us to not think that something else awaits. This reminded me of a story that my sister told me of being with our Mom during her last moments. Mom said "look at all these people, its so nice that they came to visit. " as her head scanned the room. The two were in a hospital room by themselves. BTW, there is a new (to me) show called PROOF which uses NDE as its theme. Each show presents a different aspect of NDE. The producer Kyra Sedgwick says she wants to present material and let the viewer make up their own mind.

A few quick NDE stories I offfer because they differ from each other.

I have three relatives that have died and had been brought back by paramedics .I will give you one of their stories .One evening about 8 pm some of my relatives decided to go see a Christmas program at the church they attend .They all got in the car and proceeded to drive to the church .They were struck by drunk driver killing 4 of the passengers inside.Two of these individuals were brought back to life by paramedics ,one of which was a 5 year old little girl .One of the relatives went with her in the ambulance to the hospital. He tells me that this little girl was crying and very angry and upset with her mother .As it turned out her mother also died in that accident and was with the child on the other side.She said " Mommy told me I have to come back ,but I wanted to stay with her" It's not easy for me to talk of these things as it brings back a very dark time in my life when 7 relatives died in one year ,but for all those individuals who are truly interested in this topic,the story needed to be told .

I have three relatives that have died and had been brought back by paramedics .I will give you one of their stories .One evening about 8 pm some of my relatives decided to go see a Christmas program at the church they attend .They all got in the car and proceeded to drive to the church .They were struck by drunk driver killing 4 of the passengers inside.Two of these individuals were brought back to life by paramedics ,one of which was a 5 year old little girl .One of the relatives went with her in the ambulance to the hospital. He tells me that this little girl was crying and very angry and upset with her mother .As it turned out her mother also died in that accident and was with the child on the other side.She said " Mommy told me I have to come back ,but I wanted to stay with her" It's not easy for me to talk of these things as it brings back a very dark time in my life when 7 relatives died in one year ,but for all those individuals who are truly interested in this topic,the story needed to be told .
I am sorry for your sorrows. Thank-you for telling this touching story. It means even more knowing how you must feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.