Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Your Native American Zodiac Sign - Magical Recipes Online

NATIVE-AMERICAN-696x362.jpg

Your Native American Zodiac Sign

Your Native American Zodiac Sign

The indigenous tribes of America had developed a very special spiritual connection with nature. As it is the case in the Chinese Astrology, the zodiac signs in native American tradition are exclusively animals. The Native Americans believed that at the time of our birth, the characteristics of an animal are assigned to each new-born soul and form our personality.

What is your Native American Zodiac Sign? Can you recognize yourself in it?

Go to link for all the signs. What's your sign?

Woodpecker (no nicknames please :) )

The Zodiac Sign of the Woodpecker incorporates the quality of Empathy. Woodpeckers are the most supportive and understanding Zodiac Sign. Their loved ones can always rely on them. For Woodpeckers, partners or family are the essence of life. They show great devotion and they will do their best to live happily with the ones they love. They also love nature and art, due to their romantic character.

The Zodiac Sign of the Woodpecker incorporates the quality of Empathy. Woodpeckers are the most supportive and understanding Zodiac Sign. Their loved ones can always rely on them. For Woodpeckers, partners or family are the essence of life. They show great devotion and they will do their best to live happily with the ones they love. They also love nature and art, due to their romantic character.
Kinda sounds like you! lol

I am the Otter. Not sure that's me. :confused: Well, maybe a little like me but not all like me...lol

Salmon , pretty close to the Leo sign.

Sounds exactly like the critter we know !

Reactions: 7Critter
It always amazes me how close these come to the people I know.

I love the topic, but please scroll down link about myths and legends regarding indigenous tribes of America to "Two Dogs" from the Cherokee tribe, Tennessee, Carolinas:-
American Indian Starlore

"There are two dogs (Alpha and Beta, Canis Major), who guard the path (Milky Way) to the land of souls. To get past the dogs, one should bring food. Be warned, if you give food to the first dog (Alpha) he will let you pass, but if you fail to save some food for the second dog (Beta), you will be trapped between them forever!"

In western classical myths Sirius is often associated with being a dog, being the "Dog Star", many believe that Sirius is where souls go, going back to ancient Egyptian times, but the Cherokee myth is much older than European colonies, so how did they come to the same idea about Sirius. More mystifying is the fact that we didn't know about Sirius B for longer than early in 20th Century?

Reactions: Lynne