Native American Spirits and Other Folklore

No, You know what a howler monkey sounds like? Well I went looking for it but I couldn't find anything, just footprints that slowly turned from a man's to a cyote's.

I used to hear the howler monkeys when I was stationed down in Panama. It's kind of a creepy sound but at least down there I knew what it was. I once heard the same sound while visiting family inTennessee. Their backyard was up against the tree line and the sound was coming from "up the holler" which is Tennesseean for down in the valley just past the woods. I never really put much thought into what it could have been, but now I'm curious.

I used to hear the howler monkeys when I was stationed down in Panama. It's kind of a creepy sound but at least down there I knew what it was. I once heard the same sound while visiting family inTennessee. Their backyard was up against the tree line and the sound was coming from "up the holler" which is Tennesseean for down in the valley just past the woods. I never really put much thought into what it could have been, but now I'm curious.

Reactions: Stevedog
It screamed at me. But I am a "Hunter" So I always have a gun on me.

Hello KyleTheHunter, and welcome.

I'm not meaning to be rude or disrespectful here, but this sentence brought about the best fit of giggling I've had in a long while. 'hiccup' If you do find that SkinWalker I'd suggest you might be better off having some graveyard dirt on you or some other Native medicine, because that gun is not going to get it. Sometime's it's best to remember you are not necessarily the top of the food chain and the hunter can quickly become the hunted... the thing's that we perceive to make us invulnerable are oft times the things that make us easy prey.