Native American Healing and Spirit Powers

I have never done well with chiropractors, They didnt hurt but they didnt really help. I had a granny that could take off headaches, She learned it from her mother who probably learned it for two thousand years or more of pass down, Too bad my mom said she wanted to get away from all that and wouldnt learn it, The knowledge died with her. That is tragic, Our elders and their knowledge must be preserved and I agree with the placebo but I have also seen and known that there are people that dont need to convince you that you are getting better because they have tapped something of the otherside and have the ability to make small changes in a persons life. Just my opinion after seeing some very awesome things done without hypnosis or some other way to suggest change. My granny took off headaches and could calm a fever. She used prayers and a hanky and some other stuff I dont remember. I have read others attempts at telling how to do this but none match hers that I can remember. If it grows corn it is real granny said, if you sit and watch the dirt for two months and nothing look for another seed. She had all knd of sayings that sometimes come to my mind when I am just looking at something or doing nothing. I am sure she still communicates with me and she was born in the 1800s. SHe had more kids than I care to mention and was a remarkable woman. When I tld her I didnt like church and my mom said something to her about it she said to my mom " everyone has ther own soul, let him do as he wants" My mom couldnt argue with her and I still went to church tomake her happy and you know what I mean. I dont remember anyone other than her that was accepting of all people and never turned down a hungry or lonely soul. I miss her. Sorry for all the yada.

Reactions: Lynne
A lot of the so-called primitive healing and medicines are actually the result of thousands of years of testing and experience and are no more primitive than the latest designer drug that is supposed to cure almost anything. The only real difference between a medicine man and a Doctor is the culture that they are from. If you BELIEVE in what your medicine man/Doctor tells you and gives you then you will very likely have good results.

The placebo effect is very real and proven. A lot of times when they test new drugs they give one group the new drug and the other group a placebo. Both groups are led to believe that they are getting the great new drug that is going to do wonderful things for you. Unfortunately, if the two groups have the same result it may not be because the new drug is ineffective, rather it is because both drugs are working because the people believe that they will. A lot of drugs that had remarkable effects on animals and then basically went flat on human testing is that animals don't have the ability to BELIEVE.

I believe that there is also a placebo effect that is based on the Medicine man/doctors BELIEF that what they give you will help you. My Granny took a double handful of pills a day and finally we got our hands on her medicine bag and made a list and took her and the list to a new doctor. Basically he took her off of everything that she was on and it was like she suddenly was a different person. MUCH sharper and not walking around like a zombie. The Only thing that she refused to give up was her "Nerve pills." We weaned her off of them by replacing them with tictac breath freshener pills and those worked just as well for her.

I have tried several alternative medicines over the years with mixed results. Especially with chronic back pains acupuncture worked as well as a Pill Rolling Doctor and didn't mess my mind up. the power of positive thinking worked even better than acupuncture and in the end, my wife cured my sciatica by yanking my leg. The problem was evidently NOT a back issue. Thank goodness that I didn't let them do surgery on my back. the problem was evidently a nerve pinched in my hip joint which was mostly worn out.

I have seen the laying on of hands work for a temporary release of pain. I have actually done it successfully myself. If you know how to do it you can relieve a lot of the symptoms of pain by working pressure points.

I read a lot about this after a tiny little massage therapist stopped the pain in my leg by basically putting pressure on the nerves and blood vessels feeding that nerve until she put it to sleep. She worked for my chiropractor and if he couldn't move things because you are so tight he let her get you and then he could realign things.

That little lady had the strongest hands that I have ever seen. I often thought when she poked her thumb two inches into my leg that I stopped the sciatic nerve pain so that she would LET ME GO!!!! She gave me a reading list and I seem to have a talent for it. I have had a lot of success with people that have chronic pain that doesn't seem to respond to drug treatment short of doping you into near unconsciousness. The worse their pain the more likely they are to respond to this sort of treatment. I think that is because they WANT it to work and if I can share my belief and offer them the comfort of being touched they will accept it better than someone with lesser pain.

I will try and watch the video later right now my download speed is the pits!
Dan although sometimes the placibo effect is what takes place, you have to becareful what you present as fact to people who read here. We don’t want to discourage people from taking their prescribed medications. Also I would disagree that medications are not valuable an effective when prescribed and taken correctly. How someone decides to approach their healing is a personal decision and spirituality often is part of that. We respect all beliefs here. These Native American wise men offer more than physical healing. They present their views on how life works and what comes after. They present their own faith. It goes way beyond physical healing.

I would never discourage people to ignore their doctor BUT it is your body and your life and you need to stay on top of what they are putting into your body. Doctors these days have so many patients that they can't keep up with them and often you have several doctors treating you that are not always taking into account what all you are getting.

I would be dead today if not for the fact that I have learned to carefully watch and check out what Doctors were doing or going to do to me. In just this last round I was almost killed because the medications that were prescribed to me were totally wrong for someone that had the recent problem that I had spent 15 days in the hospital for. I went home and basically ODed on the prescribed drugs that I took exactly as prescribed. I passed out and fell several times and ended up BACK in the hospital after only being home for a week in worse shape than I was the first time and with my hemoglobin numbers even lower.

I now am very careful and I SET my dosage and take it 7 times a day instead of once in the morning and once at night. If I take the entire dose it is, it is an overdose!!! My Blood pressure is very wild and jumps up and down. While 250/125 is high it is a lot better than 50/30. The high gives me a headache the low drops me straight down and unconscious!

I have had a lot of success with alternative treatments for several things. A lot of the things that were done when I was young are now almost reversed and the old ways frowned on. If I get sick and run a fever I don't take aspirin and go to bed anymore. I don't fight a fever until it becomes debilitating. When I was younger that was at about 103 now it is less.

I have always been very healthy but have also always had skeletal and joint problems. Much of that I did to myself. Big guys do stupid things that a more normal-sized man would never even try. Eventually, you are going to pay the piper.

Never think that professional athletes are overpaid. So many of them end up crippled from the damage that they did to their bodies. The suicide rate among them is several times that of the rest of the people. If you have only been good at one thing in your life and it was basically controlled physical violence a life spent in a wheelchair when you are 50 just doesn't offer you much.

At least they are sort of trying to prevent these guys from taking drugs that make them strong today but cripples them and akes them prone to brain problems at a young age. When I was in Highschool I knew people that were using steroids. those things will put muscles on you that you could never develop naturally. They also make you mean as hell and short-tempered. Down the line your joints crumble because they were never meant to take the stress that all that unnatural extra muscle put on them.

Each of us travels a separate road. I am a person that likes to be in control and I like to keep up with what I am putting in my body. Any time that I slack off and stop paying attention it seems that something sneaks up and bites me in the butt. I almost let a Doctor treat e for a staff infection with a topical antibiotic and oral antibiotics. IT just didn't look or sound right. GOOD thought. It was an infected and blocked vein in my leg called phlebitis. Had I done as the first Doc prescribed and the clot had come loose it could have killed me. Docnumber two wanted to load me in an ambulance and send me to the emergency room. I had a 1" wide red strip from my ankle to my crotch. We compromised and he treated me at home with daily visits to his office for an IV.

Doctors are human and that means that they can make a mistake and they don't like being caught in error.

Doctors are human and that means that they can make a mistake and they don't like being caught in error.
This is a true statement. I've had to wrangle my way through some interesting problems in the health care of myself and my husband because of a lazy doctor who didn't read the history. Doctors are human. They make errors. So do nurses. Medication errors happen at a rate above what most believe.

I think what Lynne is referring to is that we have to carefully present things here so that we are not giving medical advice. The choice is always up to you, the person who is in that body, which type of medicine you want to utilize. I have found that a careful mix of both Western and traditional or "alternative" treatments can work well, but you really have to do your homework and know what you're doing.

The Spiritual aspect of medicine is oft times overlooked, but I've seen some real miracles using things like Reiki and accupuncture, and especially prayer and intention. Having spent a lifetime in the medical profession, I recommend you DO watch what you are taking and immediately report to your physician any adverse affects. Medication of ANY kind can affect the body in different ways. Dosages sometimes have to be adjusted for an individual who reacts differently than others to a prescribed dosage. I have one myself I have to split into two. Taking as originally prescribed will also land me on the floor. Good health care comes from direct cooperation and work between yourself and your physician or practitioner of choice, no matter what path of treatment you choose.

Reactions: Paintman
Dan I totally understand what you are saying and I heartily agree with being your own advocate. We must all monitor our own healing regime. I believe the spiritual side of healing is important and it is not just positive thinking. I believe in a creator that works with our faith. This is why the Native American wisdom is of interest to me. I do believe the placebo effect is real but I also believe the combination of positive attitude , prayer and the right medicine together can be the cure. I also believe healing can take place with prayer alone. I have had two miracle healing events. So for myself and my personal beliefs it’s whatever is needed at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
I believe that a lot of our physical ailments are connected to our mental and spiritual states. You can't fix a broken leg with will power or praying and cancer seldom responds to those sorts of treatments alone BUT I can reduce my perceived pain levels and my mental reaction to trauma and stress to some extent.

I have a First Cousin that is an epileptic. He was raised by a Senior Master-sargent and had almost no religion in his life growing up. When he was in his 20s he got hooked up with some very extreme Holy Rollers and they told him that if he would pray and BELIEVE that God would fix his epilepsy. They told him that taking his medicine meant that he lacked faith and so God wouldn't answer his prayers. Well, guess what? He stopped taking the medicine that mad his grand mal seizures nearly totally stop and made the occasional seizures he did have pretty minor and he could feel them coming on and sit down or pull over in his car. It took a week for the drugs to clear from his body. He had a grand mal seizure while driving on a freeway. He was messed up they took away his driver's license and he was blessed that only cars were torn up and no people died. He lost his job and was having seizures all the time.

He had to move back in with his parents and get back on his medications. It took him several months to settle the seizures back down and he had to go almost two years without another major seizure before they let him drive again. He moved out and without his Dad pushing him away from them the Holy rollers got him again and he did it again. In all, he did it 4 times.

He was talking to me one day and bemoaned his fate and couldn't understand why God wouldn't answer his prayers. I asked if he wanted God to make it so he didn't have bad seizures. I wanted to know if that is what he prayed for. He agreed and I called him a stupid fool. God gave him a way to get that. He responded well to medications. My Brother didn't. They never found a drug that would make him only have a few minor problems. All he had to do was take the danm pills. God doesn't always answer your prayers the way that you WANT but he seldom ignores you.

My cousin was mad at God because he had to take a pill. That pill WAS a miracle and gift and he was refusing it and rebuking God for HIS refusal to accept his near cure. I have known a lot of epileptic people. I think that it is that most people avoid them and I never was bothered by it. I would take them places and go places with them and if they had a seizure it was no big deal to me. I knew the drill and when they were done if they weren't too wiped out we just went on.

Even my cousin's brothers treated him like some kind of cripple. He finally learned to accept his gift and in the end, he found some good people that helped him to have a more realistic way of dealing with God. The pills and his faith finally together allowed him to be happy and not feel like he was less because of a small problem.

I was excited to see another interview with William Lyon ! Here it is. Came out today. I think this subject is one of the most popular on the New Thinking Allowed channel. That and Remote Viewing. But I may be wrong

I was excited to see another interview with William Lyon ! Here it is. Came out today. I think this subject is one of the most popular on the New Thinking Allowed channel. That and Remote Viewing. But I may be wrong
Thanks for posting this. I look forward to watching it !!