National Beer Lover's Day

I only have beer once or twice through the summer anymore. i used to like trying the local craft beer but as benway stated they seem to all have become so bitter from the hops they are awful.. i swear some taste like you just dumped the flowers out of a vase and drank the water. floral tasting beer is not good
;voIs that even possible? Floral is just yuck!

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
I mostly drink elysian IPAs but I also enjoy Alaskan amber and I'll drink keystone and Coors at times

Reactions: garnetsilver
I love beer. Ice cold. Lagers, stouts, Pilsners, you name it.

But I had to give up alcohol last year due to meds that forbid it.

So now it's like the final scene of all the old Hulk TV show episodes, where Banner walks slowly, dejectedly away from the camera as he continues his solitary existence...

If there is no beer in heaven, it's not heaven.

So now it's like the final scene of all the old Hulk TV show episodes, where Banner walks slowly, dejectedly away from the camera as he continues his solitary existence...

I am this way with caffeine. It is a forbidden treat, due to health issues.

That's awful.
The closest I've had to that was after I had covid last October. I could drink beer, but for about eight months all beer tasted like generic supermarket own label economy beer and I didn't know if things would improve. There was one weird period where I discovered that Fosters lager (which usually tastes of nothing much) now tasted like the best cream soda ever and I drank a lot of that. I still sometimes bought good beer, wine and food to try to regain my sense of taste* and for a few weeks Guinness Jamaican Porter tasted like itself but with the cream soda effect and butterscotch! It somehow worked as all the contrasting elements were intensified and contrasted and played of each other like finding the nector of the gods, but I only got to experience it for a short while before blandness returned. And all the worse for having tasted that!
I did save money on beer though.

*I wasn't passive. I brought to mind how things I loved should taste and searched for it as I ate or drank to try to rebuild the connections. I don't know if that helped, but it couldn't have hurt.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of beer. I think I may have drank one in my lifetime. I like wine.

Reactions: garnetsilver