Nat. Solar Observatory evac mystery

6JZKCJF2CII6RGASUOE34ZUQV4.jpg

Hey Paulm-

I don't think that's Blackwater or Triple Canopy who've established that security perimeter in the photo. *lol*

If this was a simple matter of an individual posing a threat against an employee, which is what the sheriff said last week, then this was much ado about little. A reasonable assumption would be the potential victim was a USPS employee, hence the G-men and closing of the Post Office. Not sure I buy that's it in it's entirety, but who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulm
Hey Paulm-

I don't think that's Blackwater or Triple Canopy who've established that security perimeter in the photo. *lol*

If this was a simple matter of an individual posing a threat against an employee, which is what the sheriff said last week, then this was much ado about little. A reasonable assumption would be the potential victim was a USPS employee, hence the G-men and closing of the Post Office. Not sure I buy that's it in it's entirety, but who knows.
Yep, have to agree, standard security co.....when you pay unarmed guards 8 dollars an hour it tells you there's not much to guard...lol. Now if it was trained individuals getting paid 800. Dollars a day it might say some type of espionage or such, but so far its not looking like much to follow.

Edited to add.......while I'm sure its nothing to consider, one thing does kinda stick out to me. The maroon colored car has a front plate which means its from another state. (N.m. doesn't require 2 plates )....like I said, doesn't meen anything,.... just something to maybe take note of..

Last edited:

Seems like my prediction last week the FBI would no longer be on the Sheriff's Christmas card list is probably right.

After reading some of his comments when this story broke, I did some research on Sheriff House. Even before his latest comment about the FBI, he was known for being outspoken and somewhat controversial. Considering an incident he had with the NM State Police, one got the impression he didn't play well with others. The FBI picked the wrong guy to stone wall, he's not going to be shy. Whatever additional information, if any, we get about this story, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes from Sheriff House.

One other point concerning why the FBI was involved. If the NSO or an employee received a threat from someone outside the state of NM, does the interstate nature of such a threat put the investigation within the FBI's jurisdiction?

does the interstate nature of such a threat put the investigation within the FBI's jurisdiction?
I am pretty sure it does. However, I read in one of the recent releases that the "suspect" was internal. That particular news release disappeared 5 minutes after I read it, btw. Couldn't find it again when I went to post it here. Another mystery to add to the plot? Or just bad eyes on my part? I could swear I read that. Anybody finds it let me know that I'm not blind or crazy.

Reactions: Paintman
Wow, saw that this morning also.....if this is the case then yeah I would say extreme overkill..
if this is the reason, why wouldn't they just bust the guy while entering the bldg., at home, or wherever they so chose, and then search his residence while having him in custody...no need for all this I would think.
and just why did they shut down the post office also......

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Wow, saw that this morning also.....if this is the case then yeah I would say extreme overkill..
if this is the reason, why wouldn't they just bust the guy while entering the bldg., at home, or wherever they so chose, and then search his residence while having him in custody...no need for all this I would think.
and just why did they shut down the post office also......
They freakin' EVACUATED an entire town, post office and the observatory for this? Gee, why am I having trouble swallowing this...

Reactions: Paintman

Didn't see that coming, but it does explain the FBI involvement. It's possible someone working at NSO/post office turned the suspect in and was threatened by him as a result. That would account for the the Sheriff's comments about someone being threatened, as well as the "suspect was internal" news release you saw. What little I know about forensic IT work would seem to make this a slam dunk if the accusations are true, odd the creep hasn't been arrested.

Last edited:
It does explain some of it, but if that is truly the case, evacuating was waaay over the top! Black helicopters? People on the antennas? They couldn't share the reason with the local sheriff? Still sounds fishy to me all that happened for this.