Nat. Solar Observatory evac mystery

Yes I knew it didn't apply to National Guard units, but wasn't aware there were a significant number of NG units trained to that level on call for such missions. Does every state have Ranger or other SF units?

I'll defer to your experience and expertise relative to the feasibility infiltrating a small force for intel gathering, but I would think a hostage rescue mission would be a different story.

Not every state, there's a few RANGER units and a few S.F. units, but they are strategically placed so that the majority of other states border them..
Hostage rescue could be a differant story, but that would depend on the size of the opposing force.

Seems the FBI closed the Post Office, too.
This was the first thing I heard with this story, and then the observatory, ... I was thinking what do they have in common, or that it was a strange package situation.

Reactions: Debi
This was the first thing I heard with this story, and then the observatory, ... I was thinking what do they have in common, or that it was a strange package situation.
If there was a chance of contamnation, an evac would make sense.

Makes ya wonder, esp with all the airline quarantine s at one time....when I see these so close together I try to be extra cautious and alert.

That's why I made my "mysterious white powder" comment earlier today.

Not every state, there's a few RANGER units and a few S.F. units, but they are strategically placed so that the majority of other states border them..
Hostage rescue could be a differant story, but that would depend on the size of the opposing force.

So if say NMNG did not have a S.F. unit, but the Texas or Arizona Guard did, could they operate in NM for law enforcement purposes? Would the unit have to be federalized to cross state lines, and if so wouldn't posse comitatus come into play?

Yes, hostage rescue is effected by any number of variables, and as you must know better than most, needs as much intel as possible. Back several years ago I sat through an all-day, unclassified briefing on the Beslan school siege and attempted hostage rescue. What a clusterflop. A couple different Russian special forces units were involved, but at the end it was Alpha Group who screwed the pooch and got over 300 people, mostly children, killed. Absolutely horrifying.

Reactions: Debi

So if say NMNG did not have a S.F. unit, but the Texas or Arizona Guard did, could they operate in NM for law enforcement purposes? Would the unit have to be federalized to cross state lines, and if so wouldn't posse comitatus come into play?

Yes, hostage rescue is effected by any number of variables, and as you must know better than most, needs as much intel as possible. Back several years ago I sat through an all-day, unclassified briefing on the Beslan school siege and attempted hostage rescue. What a clusterflop. A couple different Russian special forces units were involved, but at the end it was Alpha Group who screwed the pooch and got over 300 people, mostly children, killed. Absolutely horrifying.
Texas does have a RANGER unit and yes, as long as the bordering states has the unit it can be used by a neighboring state on request of that states gov. Without violating posse comitatus.

Reactions: Debi and Duke

The chechnia school massacre was FUBAR from the get go. The shock effect worked well for them. That situation has been examined to death and used for a number of training exercises.

Reactions: Debi and Duke
Makes ya wonder, esp with all the airline quarantine s at one time....when I see these so close together I try to be extra cautious and alert.
Now THAT was not accidental.

Clyde Lewis is talking about this right now. K X L

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis
8 hrs ·
9/12/18: THE SUNSHINE MEN
#Mp3 for #GroundZero #TheSunshineMen

-PAXP-deijE.gif

-PAXP-deijE.gif

"THE SUNSHINE MEN"-September 12, 2018
Ground Zero Media
Plays from SoundCloud
-0:30