Nat. Solar Observatory evac mystery

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
National Solar Observatory Mysteriously Closed As Geomagnetic Storm Looms

The National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico has been closed since last Thursday.

ABC-7 Monday spoke with Shari Lifson, who is with AURA, the company that co-manages the Observatory with NMSU.

“The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy who manages the facility is addressing a security issue at this time. We have decided to vacate the facility at this time as precautionary measure. It was our decision to evacuate the facility.”

Lifson told ABC 7 there is no time-table for the Observatory to be re-opened.

ABC-7 also reached out to the FBI, but did not hear back from the federal agency in time for deadline. The FBI did speak with local law enforcement about the length of the observatory closure.

“The FBI is refusing to tell us what’s going on. We’ve got people up there (at Sunspot) that requested us to standby while they evacuate it. Nobody would really elaborate on any of the circumstances as to why.

The FBI were up there. What their purpose was nobody will say. But for the FBI to get involved that quick and be so secretive about it, there was a lot of stuff going on up there.

Full story at site

There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything.”

The FBI did not tell Sheriff House the reason for the closure. Sheriff Benny House did tell ABC 7 that his local law enforcement did not have anything to do with either the observatory closure.

For the conspiracy-minded, Sunspot is a mere 130 miles from Roswell, New Mexico, and about 90 miles from the White Sands Missile Range. Established in 1958, the observatory predates the unincorporated area in the Sacramento Mountains that was named for it.

I've been to Sunspot on a couple occasions, it sits about 20 miles up the mountain from the resort town of Cloudcroft. When I was there in the 90s, Sunspot was its own little town complete with small convenience story, post office, and I think school. There is (or was at that time) only one road in and out, although I suppose the facility is accessible by helicopter. Just speculation, but I wonder if someone got word of a terrorist attack on the facility.

Reactions: Debi
I've been to Sunspot on a couple occasions, it sits about 20 miles up the mountain from the resort town of Cloudcroft. When I was there in the 90s, Sunspot was its own little town complete with small convenience story, post office, and I think school. There is (or was at that time) only one road in and out, although I suppose the facility is accessible by helicopter. Just speculation, but I wonder if someone got word of a terrorist attack on the facility.
That was also my first thought.

That was also my first thought.

Google Earth

If taken over by a group of armed, hostage taking terrorists, you can see Sunspot would be difficult to mission plan to retake. Looks like there is still only one road in, and limited LZs where an assault force could be choppered in. The view from up there is such that the bad guys could see any ground forces be assembled from miles away. A rescue force might be able to HiLo parachute in at night, but again there are limited areas to land. That kind of operation would probably require military special forces, not sure how posse comitatus would play into such an operation.

Reactions: Aces and Debi
Google Earth

If taken over by a group of armed, hostage taking terrorists, you can see Sunspot would be difficult to mission plan to retake. Looks like there is still only one road in, and limited LZs where an assault force could be choppered in. The view from up there is such that the bad guys could see any ground forces be assembled from miles away. A rescue force might be able to HiLo parachute in at night, but again there are limited areas to land. That kind of operation would probably require military special forces, not sure how posse comitatus would play into such an operation.
It had to be something big to shut down and evac everyone. That kind of thing just doesn't happen unless there is some type of major threat happening.

Reactions: Aces
It had to be something big to shut down and evac everyone. That kind of thing just doesn't happen unless there is some type of major threat happening.

Agreed, but it could be something other than a terror threat, perhaps an environmental accident. The Google Earth photo shows three or four items that could be storage tanks, maybe an ammonia leak? FBI involvement might hint at something a bit more sinister, however. Maybe someone sent them a package of mysterious "white powder".

Reactions: Debi
Agreed, but it could be something other than a terror threat, perhaps an environmental accident. The Google Earth photo shows three or four items that could be storage tanks, maybe an ammonia leak? FBI involvement might hint at something a bit more sinister, however. Maybe someone sent them a package of mysterious "white powder".
In this day and age it could be anything. Right now it's very under reported. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

Could be a continuation of the war of science. Dutchsince has been talking about how the nation weather service and national geological society has been cooking the books so to speak and under reporting seismic activity especially in specific areas. So why? Could it be that someone or something(ET's in power) doesn't want us to get science monitoring of said "magnetic storm". Especially since there are so many signs of a magnetic polar axis flip as they have been wobbling in circle for decades which is indicative of unbalance and a shift is in order to rebalance. Which polar shift would cause indescribable climate change (IE damage and death).

Even seen things to go so far as hint that some very high powered people invests in insurance companies or specific companies that benefit from weather events before the event even happens. It's like insider trading only you are controlling the weather and killing people in the process to make money.

Which they would NOT like us to document.

Google Earth

A RANGER LRS team could get in fairly easily and gather Intel. They infiltrate much harder and hardened areas, this would be like a training exercise compared to some areas of operation..
Posse comitatus wouldn't play into it if they use a spec ops Natl guard unit.....posse comitatus doesn't apply to nat. Guard being used for law inforcement.

Yes I knew it didn't apply to National Guard units, but wasn't aware there were a significant number of NG units trained to that level on call for such missions. Does every state have Ranger or other SF units?

I'll defer to your experience and expertise relative to the feasibility infiltrating a small force for intel gathering, but I would think a hostage rescue mission would be a different story.

Last edited: