NASA Rover lands on Mars

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Reactions: 7Critter
I anxiously await the findings of this adventure!

Reactions: Lynne
The engineering challenges in a program like that are almost inconceivable. I've been in similar situations where you are responsible for a particular system/subsystem and you are literally holding your breath as you wait to make sure it works. No one wants to be the one whose system brings the whole project down.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I was wanting to see pics of this !! Thanks Debi. I didn’t have to hunt for them. I kept waiting for an alien to come over the horizon waving! So cool. I never thought I’d see actual pics of Mars in my lifetime. What an accomplishment.
On a side note , why didn’t they land next to the face or the pyramids ?

Reactions: 7Critter
I can guarantee the parachute guys let out a huge collective sigh when they saw they had a properly deployed and operational chute. Chute folks are a different breed, maybe the most focused, single minded technical people I ever worked with.

I can guarantee the parachute guys let out a huge collective sigh when they saw they had a properly deployed and operational chute. Chute folks are a different breed, maybe the most focused, single minded technical people I ever worked with.
I love this inside information. I was so excited to watch this and get a glimpse of a world we could only dream of as a kid.

Reactions: Debi
INTERESTING! Hidden message in the chute!