NASA Footage ignored

Very unusual content to find on a US government website. Interesting to read a government document dated in 1947 which contains ideas on UFOs which we have also independently discussed here in the past year.

Thanks for posting the find and the link Debi.

Not really sure what I'm looking at, especially whether the video of ground control personnel is properly synched with the video shot from the space shuttle. Looks to me like the individual who posted this piece on the UFS site is equally unsure as you'll note he says, "If it's true....."

This video purports to be from STS 80, a late 90s space shuttle mission often associated with UFO activity. There is video of multiple objects throughout that mission, although NASA contends all were ice crystals (primarily), space junk, meteors, etc. Ice crystals have been seen by astronauts since the earliest days of manned space flight, some may remember John Glenn's "fireflies" sighting during his Mercury mission. My guess is NASA's explanation accurately explains the overwhelming majority of these objects, but it only takes one unexplained incident to further the possibility of alien craft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Not really sure what I'm looking at, especially whether the video of ground control personnel is properly synched with the video shot from the space shuttle. Looks to me like the individual who posted this piece on the UFS site is equally unsure as you'll note he says, "If it's true....."

This video purports to be from STS 80, a late 90s space shuttle mission often associated with UFO activity. There is video of multiple objects throughout that mission, although NASA contends all were ice crystals (primarily), space junk, meteors, etc. Ice crystals have been seen by astronauts since the earliest days of manned space flight, some may remember John Glenn's "fireflies" sighting during his Mercury mission. My guess is NASA's explanation accurately explains the overwhelming majority of these objects, but it only takes one unexplained incident to further the possibility of alien craft.
Thanks, Duke. I appreciate your take on this. I sat and looked at it for quite awhile and just wasn't sure what to make of it.

I believe NASA realises there are plenty of objects out there.
But they would only comment if they were able to identify one.
So, officially, they all remain and will always remain unidentified, until identified.

Until then, I find them, boring flying objects.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi