NASA astronaut reacts to ‘spiders’ on the ISS

Spiders are everywhere. In most spaces were there are humans, there is a spider within three feet. The average human swallows nine spider in their lifetime while they are sleeping.

• Wow
Reactions: Debi
I find interesting that they took spiders into space to see if they would spin their webs differently in little to no gravity. Thinking about the design of the ISS itself, it's not fundamentally different than how a ground based station would be designed. When taken as a whole, the differences between full gravity and low gravity habitats for humans is minor. I wonder if they expected it to be very different for other animals.

I find interesting that they took spiders into space to see if they would spin their webs differently in little to no gravity. Thinking about the design of the ISS itself, it's not fundamentally different than how a ground based station would be designed. When taken as a whole, the differences between full gravity and low gravity habitats for humans is minor. I wonder if they expected it to be very different for other animals.
I'm guessing a fire extinguisher to battle the spiders is out of the question...lol

Reactions: Stevedog