Name the match ups...

How hot does it get there in your summer?
About 45C or 113F on some days but often over 40C.I'm in the process of selling up and moving to the coast :D

About 45C or 113F on some days but often over 40C.I'm in the process of selling up and moving to the coast :D
Good for you! That’s unbearable! How do the animals survive that? How’s the fraught situation going? Do you have water now ?

Reactions: ozentity
Good for you! That’s unbearable! How do the animals survive that? How’s the fraught situation going? Do you have water now ?
Yeah Lynne,all the dams are full and the creek is running but I'm dreading Summer,I hope I'm out by then.You have to water the dogs down a lot and hose the chooks,luckily I didn't lose any animals.It is getting hotter each year I'm sure.

When you say coast,Oz, where is that? And what are chooks?
I'm looking at the mid north coast of NSW garnet something on a couple of acres around 20min from a beach,being fairly self sufficient I could add seafood.The Summer weather is cooler and winter not as cold as where I live out West.Sorry ,chooks must be an Aussie slang word for chickens or poultry,lol,I thought it was a universal name for them.

I'm looking at the mid north coast of NSW garnet something on a couple of acres around 20min from a beach,being fairly self sufficient I could add seafood.The Summer weather is cooler and winter not as cold as where I live out West.Sorry ,chooks must be an Aussie slang word for chickens or poultry,lol,I thought it was a universal name for them.
I thought that I had heard the word chooks before, but couldn't remember what it meant.

BTW, that sounds like a nice area where you are looking to live.
They call it "Gods country" here,so sounds promising.As I'm getting older I'm looking for as close to paradise as I can get on Earth on my budget lol.I've always been searching for that,maybe not attainable until I do the soft shoe shuffle lol,but I'll try.

They call it "Gods country" here,so sounds promising.As I'm getting older I'm looking for as close to paradise as I can get on Earth on my budget lol.I've always been searching for that,maybe not attainable until I do the soft shoe shuffle lol,but I'll try.
We are looking, too. Currently we live in a fairly large city, but are planning to retire to the boonies in Maine. I'd like a bit of paradise too!

We are looking, too. Currently we live in a fairly large city, but are planning to retire to the boonies in Maine. I'd like a bit of paradise too!
Why not?You only live once(I think).You get to the stage of wanting a simple,quiet life.I've seen Maine on tele,it looks beautiful.Hope you find your shangri -la.