Name the match ups...

Jordan & Pippin
Tiger & Phil
Cansaco and McGuire - The Bash Bothers.
Abbott and Costello
Martin and Lewis
Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall (White Sox broadcast Duo.)
Shirley Temple and dimples.
Moe and pies.
The Arnold Palmer - half iced tea and half lemonade.
The John Daly - half Diet Coke and half vodka.
Paint, you left off:

Gomez and Morticia
Vodka - 1/2 vodka plus 1/2 vodka

Sardines and saltines on the bank of the creek while fishing.

I'm back. For the last 24 days, I have spent 15 of them in the hospital. ICU-surgery-ICU. Home for a few days then back in a hurry. Had my first ambulance ride. Imagine being strapped in the bed in the back of a truck participating in a monster truck rally while someone poked holes in you with an icepick!!! That was the roughest riding thing that I have ever been in.
Ohh Dan , I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you are resting comfortably now? You are added to my prayer list. God bless you with healing. Welcome back.

Good grief, Dan! I hope you are doing better now! Prayers to you. And, I used to drive an ambulance waaay back in the early 70's. After my emergency ride in one a few years ago, I agree...they have NOT improved any! Keep us updated and our prayers for a complete recovery are with you.
Debi this is a new revelation ! I can’t help but picture a young owl speeding down the road with lights blaring and a determined grin

In Scotland we leave some chips to go cold for the next day - and that's a salad. :D
Your chips are what we call French fries right? Our chips are thin, fried salted potatoes we buy in a bag. They are crunchy and good on a sandwich.

Reactions: Paulm
Your chips are what we call French fries right? Our chips are thin, fried salted potatoes we buy in a bag. They are crunchy and good on a sandwich.
Ours tend to be thicker, and a rough standard is 10mm square. Used to be wrapped up in newspaper until the newsprint was considered toxic. Now it is still wrapped up in the same size paper, just not printed. Shame as it gave you something to read while you ate your chips. :)

When I was in Lincoln our local chip shop was powered by coal, and still had the art-deco style fryer. The old lady that ran it used to check if they were done by feeling the chips straight out of the fryer!...and her son who was in charge of the hand chipping machine was missing a couple of fingers.
Why would Americans eat French Fries?

Reactions: Paintman
Damn. What is with you and crackers TD!

I spend a lot of time outdoors and crackers are easy to carry and go good with so many things and are easier to carry than bread. Also, we like cheese and a lot of other things that are great with crackers. It is a simple meal and can easily be made without having refrigeration. We buy a lot of different cheeses and different crackers and often have various cheeses and meats on various crackers for supper. Summer sausage, hams, various cured forms of beef with an assortment of cheeses make a platter meal that we can snack on in the evenings. We eat a lot of fresh fruits and olives and raw vegetables with dip too. We eat simple two or three nights a week.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and crackers are easy to carry and go good with so many things and are easier to carry than bread. Also, we like cheese and a lot of other things that are great with crackers. It is a simple meal and can easily be made without having refrigeration. We buy a lot of different cheeses and different crackers and often have various cheeses and meats on various crackers for supper. Summer sausage, hams, various cured forms of beef with an assortment of cheeses make a platter meal that we can snack on in the evenings. We eat a lot of fresh fruits and olives and raw vegetables with dip too. We eat simple two or three nights a week.
Finally, the cracker story is revealed.

My GF and I have “Snacky Mondays” where dinner is just this kind of stuff TD. Crackers, mixed cheeses - typically two kinds, one or two meats, some vegetables and fruit, light dip like hummus or guacamole, maybe one baked item like spanikopita or a very small quiche. We should push this into Snacky Tuesday too - it’s a nice light meal and more leisurely because we use small plates too.