Name something....

Sleep, coffee, chocolate..repeat.
Yes definitely toilet paper!

Coffee. That's what starts the day and makes me look forward to the next. Should my coffee machine become inoperable, I have a manual cone filter over which I can pour hot water. Should both the electricity and gas go out leaving me unable to heat water, I have a propane Coleman stove as a backup. Should even that fail, I always make sure to have some canned coffee drinks or caffeinated soda as a last reserve. And last but not least, with some good coffee in me, I am certain that I will find a workaround if I run out of toilet paper.

Reactions: Lynne
Water Filters, water purification chemicals, a big pot for boiling water to make whatever water that you can find safe to drink is important. I cover all three, three deep. You have to have water.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Batteries, We lose our power fairly often in storms. We also live near enough the coast to have hurricane issues. In every room of my house there are batter lamps hanging from hooks in the ceiling.

Reactions: Debi
Water Filters, water purification chemicals, a big pot for boiling water to make whatever water that you can find safe to drink is important. I cover all three, three deep. You have to have water.
I love my Berkey with the black filters. Wouldn't be without it.

Reactions: Duke
Prescription drugs. I take two prescriptions, written and filled for 90 days at a time. I phone in the refills the easiest date they are available, then immediately squirrel away five doses of each refill. The plan is to keep a stashed three week supply that I rotate with each refill so they are never over a year old. They are kept in a hit and run bag along with other items like loaded magazines, survival rations, money, etc. Of course if they are needed outside of a survival scenario, I can simply retrieve them.

Reactions: Debi
Prescription drugs. I take two prescriptions, written and filled for 90 days at a time. I phone in the refills the easiest date they are available, then immediately squirrel away five doses of each refill. The plan is to keep a stashed three week supply that I rotate with each refill so they are never over a year old. They are kept in a hit and run bag along with other items like loaded magazines, survival rations, money, etc. Of course if they are needed outside of a survival scenario, I can simply retrieve them.
That is a biggie. I have so many scripts to deal with between the four of us here, I'm glad I was trained in this stuff! I have our "emergency" stash as well and have had to retrieve them before for use when I couldn't get to the pharmacy while hubs was in hospital. You have a good idea with them going into a go bag. I may implement this.