Name something...

Where do I begin...

1. Sheeple - people whose opinions are based purely on media other sheeples' opinions and who don't investigate the true story behind things before making their mind up. They will support the underdog no matter what.

2. The refugee issue in Europe. So many people are like, "shame they lost everything, let's let them through the borders without papers, blah blah blah". Those parasites have sent crime and rape rates sky high in some European countries and they are getting better benefits (without citizenship) than the actual citizens themselves. In Italy some of these guys were getting put up in 4 star hotels, they're getting allowances from the government and they still complain it's not good enough, yet there are some Italian citizens with no homes or jobs and living in their cars who are getting nothing from the government. Australia had the right idea, send them to some dead isolated island and let them sort themselves out. Just because you have problems in your country doesn't mean it has to become another country's problem. FYI I can be a bit of a xenophobe at times.

3. People who hashtag everything

4. The ANC government

5. "Affirmative" action. It's discrimination regardless of the reasons for its enforcement

6. People who tailgate/flash their lights at me when I'm already going over the speed limit. Those people must get ready to test their brakes if they do that to me. The other day I was in the fast lane on a road where the cops often trap. So I was just about to move to the slow lane, just put my indicator on and this lady behind me (not even tailgating but accelerating) flashes me to move over. So I just swung back into that lane, cutting her off and just leered at her in my rear view mirror. She kept her distance after that. FYI I do tend to have some road rage moments.

7. People from North Johannesburg. A lot of them are so fake and think they're superior to everyone.

8. People that try taking me for an idiot or try to swindle me

9. Jehovah's Witness

10. People who think they're some authority on Christianity and try preach to me what I should do or how I should live my life spiritually.

11. People who believe fake news.

12. Fake news.

13. Fake articles claiming something causes cancer. For example many people believe that artificial sweeteners cause cancer. That is 100% false. The main component in them is an amino acid that one's body naturally produces. And one person I know is a big believer in these stupid articles and avoids all these things yet cancer is hereditary in her family and she smokes like a chimney. Yeah, good luck avoiding cancer

14. People who turn everything into a racial issue when it's clearly not. One example when a spectator at a soccer match threw a banana at a Hispanic player on the sideline. But the sheeple are like, "AAAH RACISM!!!". By that logic a food fight in a canteen can count as a race war. Has it ever occurred to them the spectator was just someone from the opposing team and that player was the closest in range?

15. Aggressive ad techniques on mobile games. Like the ones that pop up every 10 seconds or each time you interact or complete a level. Btw if this bugs anyone else, a good trick is turn your mobile data/wifi off on your phone before entering the game. If the game can't communicate with the server it gets its ads from, it will run into errors in the background and can't display them, thereby providing you with a seamless and pleasant game experience.

16. Steam gaming platform

17. MTN

18. The ridiculously high internet and data bundle rates in South Africa.

19. Over 400 channels on TV and it's either repeats or something really stupid, and all the good stuff is aired at the worst times.

20. The stupid shows that are on TV these days and how many "reality" shows are staged, like Extreme Makeover, Storage Wars, Bear Grills, etc.

21. The Kardashians. Proving to the world being a tramp can get you places. FYI "Tramp" is just the forum-friendly version of the word I really wanted to use.

22. People who make a big fuss or obsess over celebrities

23. The royal family.

24. Hipsters

25. People who get offended by everything. I have a very twisted sense of humor and it takes a lot for a joke to make me cringe or say, "That went too far", and if people can't accept it well then the internet is not a place for you. Unless the site has rules specifying online behavior on said site, I'll respect the rules, like I do here:), but on sites like Reddit and 4chan, it's a free for all and then I unleash :D

26. People who get depressed or upset over the stupidest things.

27. South African taxi drivers

28. Electronics that don't work like they're suppose to. If you want to see me lose my temper, give me an electronic device/appliance that's badly made. I just see red.

29. 99% of my high school grade

30. Games that screw the player over because the developers couldn't make it more challenging. And a lot of these games like Candy Crush and stuff where you have lives and can buy boosters are notorious. They deliberately make sure you lose rounds to get those addicted to buy boosters and lives. But another trick, when you run out of lives, you have to wait 30 minutes or so. Some of these games rely on the time on your device and not on the time on their server. So if you just turn your device's clock a few hours ahead, voila, full lives instantly. But some games now keep a saved cache on the last state of your game when you exited to fight this cheat, so it will revert to it's last corresponding/plausible state.

Geez there's actually a lot of things that tick me off :eek:. I got lots more but I have to stop here because I legit need to start work now lol.
After reading this I feel purged lol. Nicely said Vibe.

I think Vibe and Charleh took all the good stuff :D

Reactions: Paintman
I will tell you what annoys me, in the form of a story.......
There was a man who worked at the same job for many years. Everyday the man and his fellow employees would have lunch in the staff break room. Every day the man would open his lunch bag and sigh......"ham and cheese again?!"
After years of complaining finally one of the guys said "Hey man, if you don't want ham and cheese just tell your wife to make you something different". The man's forehead wrinkled with confusion and he cocked his head to the side and said "I'm not married, I make my own lunches"
Great example Aces!

In my mind's eye, I hear Debi's sigh of relief, "Thanks Paintman, you showed marvelous restraint."
I'm a big fan of Western Civilization. I often have to remind myself that when I see cultural rot, or people championing economic systems that have historically failed, and are failing right under our noses - Hello Venezuela- it is nothing new.
Pendulums have swung back and forth forever. Sadly someday, Western societies, one by one - or together - will become untenable socially, culturally ,and economically. And then the people will demand the Strongman.
And when that pendulum starts to swing back, it will swing too far. And " Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Happiness" goes out the window. And along the way, that pendulum gains momentum. It becomes a wrecking ball.

This past week gave me some unexpected downtime. The Spanish Civil War seems like a good way to pass it. So I learnt myself up on it.:) it was an amazing confluence of complex competing institutions and ideas. It was an outgrowth of the unfinished business from World War 1. But it was also a microcosm of the war itself. But the whole world came to Spain this time.
The Spanish Civil War was spring training for World War II.:eek:

In my mind's eye, I hear Debi's sigh of relief, "Thanks Paintman, you showed marvelous restraint."
I'm a big fan of Western Civilization. I often have to remind myself that when I see cultural rot, or people championing economic systems that have historically failed, and are failing right under our noses - Hello Venezuela- it is nothing new.
Pendulums have swung back and forth forever. Sadly someday, Western societies, one by one - or together - will become untenable socially, culturally ,and economically. And then the people will demand the Strongman.
And when that pendulum starts to swing back, it will swing too far. And " Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Happiness" goes out the window. And along the way, that pendulum gains momentum. It becomes a wrecking ball.
You are doing well! I am braced for just about anything on this one since I did open the door myself on the topic!

oh another thing I can't stand? is how cults are more or less invincible to criticism and justice. you'll see small churches end up under severe scrutiny for beliefs they hold, even when they make it clear they have no interest in imposing these certain views. for this reason there's a lot of little things my church says that I bite my tongue on, since I consider myself a progressive, but devout Christian. but then you have churches like the Westboro Baptist Church, who get away with causing a public disturbances at thousands of funerals, endorsing violence towards gays, children and women, and the police are literally there to protect these shit disturbers, we have a problem. did I mention that one time I had a twitter war with them? it was ugly. but soon after, one of the members did leave the church and now she speaks publicly against them.

I was in a cult myself for 10 months. couldn't leave this influence because this woman was my boss so I would have lost the only Job I could get in town at the time. that was only a problem because my wife was pregnant with our first child at the time. this was the time that even my boss had influenced how my wife and i's wedding went. we didn't realize how much of our decisions were actually hers until months later we talked with each other about the events when under this influence, and wow, if we told you all the things that were her decisions when we thought it was each other's (my wife and i's) choices, I could write a novel. a year later I confronted her in front of a pastor we knew. sure enough she denied everything she's done, tried derailing the conversation multiple times, tried preaching when she knew damn well she should have sat down and shut up when I talked at her, and she basically accused me of having some agenda against her. truth was I thought she might have had a shred of compassion after all she's done (I can't really go into the times she's disregarded my family's safety) I thought I could snap her out of it and get her some help. now shes influencing another vulnerable family as we speak.

the sickest part is I talked to a lawyer and a cop who was a good friend of mine at the time, about everything and nothing can be done, either in the criminal or civil courts. and despite being delusional, manipulative and a clear risk to society, I can't even call a 51-50 (involuntary psychiatric assessment) on her. so now, when I see people in difficult situations, from domestic abuse to manipulative religious "leaders", I fight for these people to the best of my ability, since that's all you can really do.

Reactions: Lynne