Name it...

For that reason, when I started college, my father bought me a used car; a beige Lincoln Town car. I felt like a shrimp in that thing, but he said that he wanted a lot of car between myself and any collision. Two years later, I did get involved in a head on; fortunately we were both only going fifteen mph over a bridge. The car got totaled, though, and I had whiplash.
One of the scariest things is your kids driving, I'd go with your dad on this.

View attachment 29439

Ever since I watched Steve McQueen in "Wanted Dead or Alive" as a youngster, I wanted a gun like he carried. Technically it's a lever action pistol, but in the gun world they are known as a "Mare's Leg."

Several years ago I bought one chambered in .357 magnum. It took exactly one trip to the range to convince me I had spent a lot of money on a completely worthless weapon. (Also spent even more money on a custom made holster.) There is no good way to shoot it if you want to hit something in particular. You look really cool firing it from the hip "Rifleman style," and people on the range want to try it, but it's worthless as a weapon unless you're in a phone booth with a bad guy.
It’s a very cool looking gun!!! I can see where it gets it’s nickname. It does remind one of a horses leg.

Reactions: ozentity
View attachment 29446

Back around 2000, this gold bracelet owned by rock musician Keith Emerson went up for sale on Ebay. It was one he'd famously worn for years, and he was parting with it because he needed the money. As I recall it sold for between $3000-$4000.

I considered buying it as an investment, it was worth about $1500 in gold content alone. I eventually decided against it. Gold prices have gone up at least five fold since that time, so today it would be worth better than twice what it sold for in melt down value alone. But as a fan, I regret not buying it.
Ohhh I love a bracket. That would have been tempting.

For that reason, when I started college, my father bought me a used car; a beige Lincoln Town car. I felt like a shrimp in that thing, but he said that he wanted a lot of car between myself and any collision. Two years later, I did get involved in a head on; fortunately we were both only going fifteen mph over a bridge. The car got totaled, though, and I had whiplash.
An accident on a bridge had to be extra scary.