Name it...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT HAVE YOU NEVER USED AND ALSO, WHAT HAVE YOU USED YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD?

44244073_2403874219674629_6363026510386823168_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: Donna K.
I have maxed out on my first and second grade skills.:)
Lots of high school skills have never been used. Never really came across the opportunity to dissect a frog.
Once in a blue moon I have to determine the outside surface area of tanks and vessels. They have the formula in the painting contractor books.

There are many skills I've not had use of since HS. However, the ONE skill I thought I'd never use is saying the alphabet backwards. Yes, I had to learn this in the 5th grade and can do it even now in under 10 seconds. It has come in handy over the years in such weird ways...lol

I graduated just before practical computers were beginning to show up, so I never had to use any of the "brute force" methods I learned to solve most engineering problems I faced in my career.

On the other hand, I still will diagram a sentence after I've written it to make sure it is grammatically correct. My 8th grade English teacher would be proud.

Used geometry a whole lot though back in school I didn't think that I could ever care how to determine the surface area of an uneven triangle.

I'm also really glad that I took "Home Ec" because I know the basics of how to cook. That something my own family could have never taught me for certain.

Hard to say what I have never used as it seems that it just just took longer to find a relevant use case for some skills or knowledge.

I have NEVER, not once needed to diagram a sentence. The one thing that I have used a lot in my life is sort of odd because I don't use it as it was taught or even for the same purposes. Algebra...I see it as a philosophy and process for dealing with problems. You take a problem and break it down into small pieces. You can sort out what counts and what doesn't and then solve your problem with a series of small fairly simple steps.

hmmmm... much as I would love to say 'blank'... I can't. I griped about everything. But, eventually ~~ Latin and Algebra... even that stupid track and field... all have come into play. Latin with understanding, algebra twice that ~~ and it never hurts to know how to RUN! Now! Run you idiot! lolololol

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I have never had to use my CPR training. Thank goodness.

I never thought I’d learn to do more tan make calls on my phone. Now I find it very handy. I do all my computer stuff on it.

Reactions: Donna K.