Name it...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
29684000_2080760322203535_8398023727019903923_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: Paintman
How to drive :D My mom gave up lol.
Seriously I had a very good dad. The most important would be my faith in God. Dad was open minded and we still have spiritual discussions. So I credit him with my spiritual bent and interest in the strange.

When I was a little kid I discovered the concept of enlightenment from Doctor Who (It was the name of a serial. I asked what it meant). I decided that I wanted it, so I was in the back seat while my dad was driving and I was pestering him with endless 'why?' questions. He told me to stop it and I said that I had to ask because I wanted to know everything. He told me that the universe is so incredibly vast and so full of incredible things that nobody ever could ever even understand a fraction of it. I was dumbstruck.

He was right and it stuck with me. Whenever I feel like I know everything about something I remember that and learn some more. The foundation of enlightenment is knowing that you know nothing!

Last edited:
When I was a little kid I discovered the concept of enlightenment from Doctor Who (It was the name of a serial. I asked what it meant). I decided that I wanted it, so I was in the back seat while my dad was driving and I was pestering him with endless 'why?' questions. He told me to stop it and I said that I had to ask because I wanted to know everything. He told me that the universe is so incredibly vast and so full of incredible things that nobody ever could ever even understand a fraction of it. I was dumbstruck.

He was right and it stuck with me. Whenever I feel like I know everything about something I remember that and learn some more. The foundation of enlightenment is knowing that you know nothing!
Very wise words Ben

Reactions: Armand and Debi

Your father was/is a wise man.

First time i ever went to the movie theater My mom had a Tupperware party so me, my dad and brother had to scoot. Long story short my dad was a preacher i was a hellion we saw Starwars he told me God is the force.

He taught me about God. He really didn't teach me any life skills about dealing with people just God hell and heaven. took a long time to grasp that a lot of people in my family don't have many good things to say about him because he was not motivated by material things and we didn't have much growing up.

God.

Reactions: Benway and Paintman
Your father was/is a wise man.

First time i ever went to the movie theater My mom had a Tupperware party so me, my dad and brother had to scoot. Long story short my dad was a preacher i was a hellion we saw Starwars he told me God is the force.

He taught me about God. He really didn't teach me any life skills about dealing with people just God hell and heaven. took a long time to grasp that a lot of people in my family don't have many good things to say about him because he was not motivated by material things and we didn't have much growing up.

God.
Your father gave you something more valuable

I honestly cannot remember anything specific my dad taught me. All I can say I learnt from him was how to braai and that was purely through observation when we use to have one every Sunday.