Mythical bird

All of inland Eastern Australia really,Where I am in central west NSW It has barely rained in 2 years.
That is terrible. We need to all pray for rain ! Those poor animals too!! Keep us posted on this situation. Is this something that has happened before?

Reactions: ozentity
Are you near St George?
No ,there's a town in Queensland called that and a suburb in Sydney,I live in between Orange and Dubbo in NSW.Dubbo is really bad in drought atm.

No ,there's a town in Queensland called that and a suburb in Sydney,I live in between Orange and Dubbo in NSW.Dubbo is really bad in drought atm.
I hope this ends soon. Everyone in your country needs to have a mass consciousness prayer to break this drought. Save the joeys.

That is terrible. We need to all pray for rain ! Those poor animals too!! Keep us posted on this situation. Is this something that has happened before?
Australia is either droughts,floods and occasionally in between.This is the worst recorded I think.There is a huge water catchment near me 3 times the size of Sydney harbour and it's at 4% capacity,just mud really.

I hope this ends soon. Everyone in your country needs to have a mass consciousness prayer to break this drought. Save the joeys.
Reckon,the poor roos are just shot without tagging by farmers at the best of times, despite being protected.The Gov has given permission the shoot evey roo on sight.When you drive some country roads atm all you can smell is rotting carcasses.

Reckon,the poor roos are just shot without tagging by farmers at the best of times, despite being protected.The Gov has given permission the shoot evey roo on sight.When you drive some country roads atm all you can smell is rotting carcasses.
Could they go extinct ? Are they endangered? I just watched a video on this crisis. I’m so sorry Oz. I had no idea it was so bad. I pray you get rain.

Could they go extinct ? Are they endangered? I just watched a video on this crisis. I’m so sorry Oz. I had no idea it was so bad. I pray you get rain.
They reckon there are more here now than when the first white settlers arrived due to opening up pasture land,in my area though you are lucky to see one.I lived about 50 miles as the crow fly's from here about two years ago and there were literally tens of thousands around,that area backed on to national park so they could retreat there.It's just the redneck attitude around me now about native wildlife that annoys me.Even rare wallabies that lived along the creek on my place have been shot out,these have always been protected by law.If you dobbed anyone in around here your life could be in danger.

They reckon there are more here now than when the first white settlers arrived due to opening up pasture land,in my area though you are lucky to see one.I lived about 50 miles as the crow fly's from here about two years ago and there were literally tens of thousands around,that area backed on to national park so they could retreat there.It's just the redneck attitude around me now about native wildlife that annoys me.Even rare wallabies that lived along the creek on my place have been shot out,these have always been protected by law.If you dobbed anyone in around here your life could be in danger.
I hope there’s rain soon. Keep us updated.

Reactions: ozentity
I, too, grew up in redneck country, though in Oregon, not the Outback, and yeah, it's the same attitude. If the wildlife might be using resources we want, we get to kill 'em all and screw what the gov'ment says about it. They kill the cougars and coyote and then complain that the deer population is out of control.

But back to your sighting, the fact that it happened under the full harvest moon makes me think maybe it was more of a harbinger/mystical event than a physical cryptid. Are there any Aboriginal legends from the area about such a thing? Maybe it was a good sign that the drought will end soon!