Mystery of the Black Helicopters

The first story about the small helicopter in the UK in 1957 coincides with efforts in both the US and UK to develop very small helicopters, "flying jeeps" as they were called by some. None of them would have been totally silent, and none went into production.

US Army helicopters are painted a very dark green that would appear black to most people. They also use subdued or low visibility gray/black markings that blend in with dark green. Additionally, the Army's Special Operations helicopter unit, the Nightstalkers, do fly black choppers with little to no markings.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I had a strange encounter with black helicopters once. You may not believe this but it is true.

This was in the early 1990s. I was working in an office on the 20th floor of a building here in the LA area. I had a desk with my back to a large picture window that looked out on the surrounding area. It was break time so I went out on the balcony on that same floor. I was enjoying the view when a pair of black helicopters passed in front of me from left to right about a block away and not much higher than I was. As they passed, for some strange reason, I "sent them a thought message." I was just kidding around but the thought was something like, "I know what you guys are doing."

Then I had to get back so I returned to my desk and got back to working on my computer. After about a minute I felt the strangest sensation. A force softly pushed my body forward so I almost hit my head on my monitor and I felt slightly queasy for a moment. I turned around and saw, outside the big window, one of the helicopters was now hovering outside the window very close to and just slightly above my position. It was about as close to the building as it could safely be. The front of the copter was pitched down and I could see the pilot looking through his canopy right at me. After a moment it pulled up and flew off at high speed.

It was my distinct impression that the pilot was acknowledging my "message" and having a bit of fun at the same time.

I had a strange encounter with black helicopters once. You may not believe this but it is true.

This was in the early 1990s. I was working in an office on the 20th floor of a building here in the LA area. I had a desk with my back to a large picture window that looked out on the surrounding area. It was break time so I went out on the balcony on that same floor. I was enjoying the view when a pair of black helicopters passed in front of me from left to right about a block away and not much higher than I was. As they passed, for some strange reason, I "sent them a thought message." I was just kidding around but the thought was something like, "I know what you guys are doing."

Then I had to get back so I returned to my desk and got back to working on my computer. After about a minute I felt the strangest sensation. A force softly pushed my body forward so I almost hit my head on my monitor and I felt slightly queasy for a moment. I turned around and saw, outside the big window, one of the helicopters was now hovering outside the window very close to and just slightly above my position. It was about as close to the building as it could safely be. The front of the copter was pitched down and I could see the pilot looking through his canopy right at me. After a moment it pulled up and flew off at high speed.

It was my distinct impression that the pilot was acknowledging my "message" and having a bit of fun at the same time.
Cool story. Was it a Hughes 500, by chance?

Attachments

• oh-6a.gif
    oh-6a.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 69
I once saw a silent black helicopter one night at Fort Knox KY.
But I really just experienced a trick of the eye. A bunch of us went to a high school football game to get our sports fix. At the beginning of the game they released a bunch of helium balloons with ribbons on them.
Evidently the balloons pop at some point and the ribbons went propelling back to the football field. The bright lights combined with Kentucky nighttime darkness through off any depth perception.

As it eventually rotated down I figured out what it really was. This is one of those moments when I was really happy I didn't elbow the guy next to me and say, "Look up in the sky, what's that?"
Crux.... whoa.....

Reactions: garnetsilver
crux: That was unsettling! I often play around with thought messages, usually with animals. So I am familiar with it. I think the response that you got was disturbing, and I wonder who those guys really were!