Mystery of the Banshee

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
☘Banshee mythology began centuries ago in the Celtic isles of Ireland, Scotland, and Great Britain. Primarily known now as an Irish fairy creature, the Banshee legend has been passed down through generations due to its consistent haunting quality. A banshee is a ghostly woman whose high pitched screams prophesy the death of someone soon to come. These ghostly screams are almost always heard at night and are said to sound like a blend between a woman’s scream and a night creature’s wail. It is said that if you hear the wail of a banshee then someone close to you, or possibly yourself, will soon meet their end.☘☘☘☘

54278028_2151600444931770_1239051112313520128_n.jpg

Reactions: SierraRocks
I wonder if our ancestors had the second sight, a little bit more of the second sight on the table given lives in candle light in fog drifts before electricity. Sort of like glasses you get it when you need it, the second sight is. And I wonder if an earth angel screams every time someone leaves the earth and it isn't just the welcoming after the tunnel in the dark with the light at the end. Perhaps an ancestor sentry stands on duty and screams when one crosses over "foiled again" or "mission accomplished" and that is what the old folks heard. The banshee.

I wonder if it sounded like sounds that weren't that uncommon. Sounds carry in the night. I wonder if it sounded like a cat fighting, then you'd probably always be nervous, wondering if you heard a banshee, or not it was just Moe the cat. Or a woman screaming in a fight down the lane across the field whose wail carried in the night. Sets your fingers in a clenched grip raising the hair on the back of your neck every time your neighbors began to scream at each other- that first sound is what did it. That first scream in the night- always listening for the beginning of a wail. Hackles rise breath caught in your chest- "oh its just the neighbors again" or that stupid cat chasing the dog. "not a banshee" Instead of urban drive bys listening for the pop sound of car engine on the street, you'll be listening for the first start of a scream- heads turning "banshee?" urgent voices? Hear the animals tumbling as they fight or making out the words in neighbors fight "nah" shaking heads. Its always something, there always was and there always will be a sound in the night. But was it a psychic wail> that only your ancestors you can hear? that is the question. But I believe it was a psychic cry from your relative in the room when your relative (or you) died -timeless psi precognitive that you hear.

Last edited:
I wonder if our ancestors had the second sight,
I'd be more inclined to argue that they had no special insights, but rather a less rigid interpretation of the world, and less to block out what surrounded them.

Reactions: SierraRocks
I think these people are basing this on something they heard. I think they’d know what animals lived around them. Weather it’s truly associated with death? Hard to say but many believe it.