Mystery Antennas in Utah?

I wish my best friend Mike was still with us, he was a EE who specialized in antennas. First question I'd ask him was whether he thought these antennas were being used to broadcast or receive, or both.

One thing that came to mind is the NSA has a huge intel data storage and analysis facility about 20 miles south of SLC, not sure how close it is to any of these antennas. Could someone be trying to intercept data from the NSA facility?

Earlier in my career I worked with a couple USAF engineers who eventually transferred to the NSA to work at this facility. They referred to it as "Beehive." After they moved to NSA, I lost all contact with them.

Reactions: Debi and Selectric
First thing that came to mind was something being used by the USGS. Wouldn't be a mystery though to park officials.

Reactions: Debi
I wish my best friend Mike was still with us, he was a EE who specialized in antennas. First question I'd ask him was whether he thought these antennas were being used to broadcast or receive, or both.

One thing that came to mind is the NSA has a huge intel data storage and analysis facility about 20 miles south of SLC, not sure how close it is to any of these antennas. Could someone be trying to intercept data from the NSA facility?

Earlier in my career I worked with a couple USAF engineers who eventually transferred to the NSA to work at this facility. They referred to it as "Beehive." After they moved to NSA, I lost all contact with them.
Good thinking Duke about their purpose. They sound expensive too, someone must have a real purpose to go through the hard hikes and expense. It is all a bit worrisome.

Reactions: Selectric
They should have used an RF Spectrum Analyzer before shutting them down. If they were transmitting, knowing the frequency might have helped with identification.
I have two different units, for UFO field work.

I'm leaning toward crypto currency mining.

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
That was my first thought as well. To be legally operated, repeaters (like those used by amateur radio operators) are required to be licensed by the FCC, however. So if these are repeaters, either they aren't licensed or state/local didn't bother to check to see if they were licensed before dispatching them.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi