Mystery about D B Cooper

Knockoff

Reaction score
I was reading briefly about D B Cooper the robber skyjacker who got a parachute and jumped out of the airliner with the money. There are websites about that so I'm drawing an illustration art work to post. I should be through soon. They say he could not survive it.

sounds good. Now let's put ya over in the Art thread and you can add it on this thread. :)

There were at least two Cooper "copy cats" who survived jumping from hijacked 727s, one in Utah and the second in (I think?) Indiana. The 727 was a perfect a/c for this type hijacking due to a deployable aft air stair and the locations of its engines. If Cooper died in his skyjacking, it was probably due to where he landed more than the jump itself.

Reactions: 7Critter and Ronin
I was reading briefly about D B Cooper the robber skyjacker who got a parachute and jumped out of the airliner with the money. There are websites about that so I'm drawing an illustration art work to post. I should be through soon. They say he could not survive it.
escape.jpg

There were at least two Cooper "copy cats" who survived jumping from hijacked 727s, one in Utah and the second in (I think?) Indiana. The 727 was a perfect a/c for this type hijacking due to a deployable aft air stair and the locations of its engines. If Cooper died in his skyjacking, it was probably due to where he landed more than the jump itself.
I was halfway posting the same thing before I thought to read the rest of the thread. So what he said :)

That's very interesting, both posts. I didn't do much reading on the subject but I know there is a site call Citizen Sleuth filled with info.

My art is much about being a journal for me and I try to crank out illustrations and drawing quickly like the "media" that rapid fires so much content. A slower carefully produced effort might be something I do in the future.