Mysterious Strange Sounds from the Sky

Strange you should post this as I was thinking about that less than an hour ago, and that they happened mostly last year.

Quite a lot of them were fakes, but makes you wonder who started the craze and why.

Reactions: Debi
A week or so after our neighborhood got whacked by the tornado, I occasionally heard a dull trumpet sound. Best way to describe it was the sound produced when you blow into a long neck soft drink or beer bottle, but a bit higher pitched and softer. The tone and volume tended to vary somewhat, as did the length of the time I heard it.

I heard it one afternoon as I was standing in my yard talking to my contractor. I noticed by his reaction he heard it as well, and asked him what he thought it was. He just shrugged, but started walking to the far side of my yard, then into my neighbors' yard, and up their driveway. He pointed up to a spot on their roof where shingles were missing and damaged soffit was pooched out down under the spot.

As we stood there, the wind picked up, and we heard it again. As I watched the piece of soffit blow up and down, the tone and volume varied as the wind moved it. There seemed to be a "sweet spot" where the sound was most noticeable as the soffit was blown back up to about half an inch of where it should have been in place if in good repair. When the wind settled down, the noise ceased. Mystery solved.

Last edited:
I think the world is a noisy place.

Duke, what do you think of the five G towers? Do you think this technology is dangerous?

Reactions: garnetsilver
I think the world is a noisy place.

Duke, what do you think of the five G towers? Do you think this technology is dangerous?

Sorry Lynne, I'm not the guy to ask. I'm not an EE, and my medical experience/expertise was in the types of injuries sustained in crashes... trauma, burns, hypothermia, drowning, etc.

What I do know is the effects on humans of radiation are a function of source strength, distance from the source, and length of exposure. One would hope biomedical engineers and physicians studied the problem and designed/ produced a safe system. The liability issues alone would lead me to believe 5G systems were tested for health impacts before deployment.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Sorry Lynne, I'm not the guy to ask. I'm not an EE, and my medical experience/expertise was in the types of injuries sustained in crashes... trauma, burns, hypothermia, drowning, etc.

What I do know is the effects on humans of radiation are a function of source strength, distance from the source, and length of exposure. One would hope biomedical engineers and physicians studied the problem and designed/ produced a safe system. The liability issues alone would lead me to believe 5G systems were tested for health impacts before deployment.
Thanks. You always make me feel better. You are the voice of grounded wisdom.