My wife's grandfather visited us on Victory Day

Harefoot_caps

Reaction score
My wife and her mother are from Belarus. They've lived in Vancouver since 1994, when my wife was 14. Her grandfather, her mom's dad, was a veteran of WW2 and passed away in the late 80's. He's still a constant presence in our lives as my wife worshipped him as a little girl. Her parents had an awful marriage and he kept her safe from that, took her mushroom picking, got her a hedgehog pet, made her feel like she was the most important thing to him. She called him Deeda, and we now call my dad, our kids' only grandfather, Deeda, in his honor - so his name is always around. Her grandmother passed away in 2019 and her mom went back home for the funeral.

On May 9th, a month ago, it was both Mother's Day and, for Russians, Victory Day, the day they celebrate the end of WW2. My wife actually forgot about Victory Day, but for Mother's Day, she'd uncovered a photo of her mom as a 9 year old with Deeda at a parade. She had it framed and we went with our two kids (6 and 7) to her house to celebrate the day and give her the picture.

Her mom opened the door and it was clear she'd been crying. She was holding a photo of Deeda in military uniform. The four of us walked into the foyer and closed the door behind us. Then my wife opened the front door again to grab a bag she'd left on the porch. As she was in the doorway, the doorbell rang three times. We were all standing there, and it was clearly strange. Her mom kind of blew it off and we went into the den. The kids sat down and my wife and her mom went into the kitchen. My wife was worried about her. She said she'd been holding her dad's picture all morning, thinking about him on Victory Day, missing him, asking him for strength for her second mother's day without her mom. My wife gave her the new photo, which is amazing, and she broke down again. She said this was actually at a Victory Day parade, and today was Victory Day, both of which my wife hadn't realized - so of course she got emotional too.

They stayed in the kitchen for awhile and then came to join us in the den. As soon as they sat on the couch, the doorbell started ringing again. Not in a steady rhythm, but every few seconds, it rang. Over 10 times. Her stepdad came upstairs to see what was going on. He's a contractor and installs wiring and such things on a regular basis. We asked if this had happened before - never. He checked out the wiring and everything was fine. It just rang by itself. Either a bizarre coincidence that an unexplained malfunction happened with the doorbell at this specific time of heightened emotion and connection with Deeda - or he was there somehow, finding a way to let us know.

My wife and her mother are from Belarus. They've lived in Vancouver since 1994, when my wife was 14. Her grandfather, her mom's dad, was a veteran of WW2 and passed away in the late 80's. He's still a constant presence in our lives as my wife worshipped him as a little girl. Her parents had an awful marriage and he kept her safe from that, took her mushroom picking, got her a hedgehog pet, made her feel like she was the most important thing to him. She called him Deeda, and we now call my dad, our kids' only grandfather, Deeda, in his honor - so his name is always around. Her grandmother passed away in 2019 and her mom went back home for the funeral.

On May 9th, a month ago, it was both Mother's Day and, for Russians, Victory Day, the day they celebrate the end of WW2. My wife actually forgot about Victory Day, but for Mother's Day, she'd uncovered a photo of her mom as a 9 year old with Deeda at a parade. She had it framed and we went with our two kids (6 and 7) to her house to celebrate the day and give her the picture.

Her mom opened the door and it was clear she'd been crying. She was holding a photo of Deeda in military uniform. The four of us walked into the foyer and closed the door behind us. Then my wife opened the front door again to grab a bag she'd left on the porch. As she was in the doorway, the doorbell rang three times. We were all standing there, and it was clearly strange. Her mom kind of blew it off and we went into the den. The kids sat down and my wife and her mom went into the kitchen. My wife was worried about her. She said she'd been holding her dad's picture all morning, thinking about him on Victory Day, missing him, asking him for strength for her second mother's day without her mom. My wife gave her the new photo, which is amazing, and she broke down again. She said this was actually at a Victory Day parade, and today was Victory Day, both of which my wife hadn't realized - so of course she got emotional too.

They stayed in the kitchen for awhile and then came to join us in the den. As soon as they sat on the couch, the doorbell started ringing again. Not in a steady rhythm, but every few seconds, it rang. Over 10 times. Her stepdad came upstairs to see what was going on. He's a contractor and installs wiring and such things on a regular basis. We asked if this had happened before - never. He checked out the wiring and everything was fine. It just rang by itself. Either a bizarre coincidence that an unexplained malfunction happened with the doorbell at this specific time of heightened emotion and connection with Deeda - or he was there somehow, finding a way to let us know.
Welcome HC, to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for sharing your story.

Reactions: Duke

A very moving story, thank you for sharing it with us. To your knowledge, was the episode with the doorbell the only physical manifestation of his presence in that house?

I totally believe he was letting you know he was still with you. Love always finds a way. That is a beautiful story.
Welcome to the forum.