My UFO Sighting year 1987.

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
One chilly evening back in 1987, I had returned from my girlfriend's house one Friday or Saturday night. Time was somewhere around 11:30-12 am or so. I was laying flat on my back smoking a cigarette looking straight up. It was a crystal clear cool evening, November, I think. When I noticed 6 red lights in a circle spinning slowly counter clockwise if I remember correctly, directly above my house. I have no Idea the distance. If I was to guess, at least 500-1000 feet up. Needing backup, I went inside and quickly woke my dad up. He was quite groggy as to be suddenly jolted awake. I took him outside and showed him. It was still there! We viewed the object for another 2 minutes or so. When we looked back up, it was gone. Never made a sound....
I've only seen one video in all these years that resembled what I saw. I saw it. My dad who didn't believe in that stuf saw it, It was there!

One chilly evening back in 1987, I had returned from my girlfriend's house one Friday or Saturday night. Time was somewhere around 11:30-12 am or so. I was laying flat on my back smoking a cigarette looking straight up. It was a crystal clear cool evening, November, I think. When I noticed 6 red lights in a circle spinning slowly counter clockwise if I remember correctly, directly above my house. I have no Idea the distance. If I was to guess, at least 500-1000 feet up. Needing backup, I went inside and quickly woke my dad up. He was quite groggy as to be suddenly jolted awake. I took him outside and showed him. It was still there! We viewed the object for another 2 minutes or so. When we looked back up, it was gone. Never made a sound....
I've only seen one video in all these years that resembled what I saw. I saw it. My dad who didn't believe in that stuf saw it, It was there!
I had my own UFO experience in 1999. It tends to make an impact on how you view the world.

Mind if I ask where this occurred?

Reactions: Lynne
Above my parents house in Baton Rouge Louisiana
Red lights, 1987, college town....initial thought was some type of laser experiment from LSU. Not likely, however, if the night was clear, lasers would have had nothing to shine on.

I checked the NUFORC database for similar sightings in the same area/timeframe. I found the sighting detailed below from NO in 1986, lights circling but since no color is mentioned, I assume they were white. Had they been red, you'd think that would have been in the report.

Reactions: Lynne
If I recall there was a lot of sightings in the early years of the 1980's, thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

Red lights, 1987, college town....initial thought was some type of laser experiment from LSU. Not likely, however, if the night was clear, lasers would have had nothing to shine on.

I checked the NUFORC database for similar sightings in the same area/timeframe. I found the sighting detailed below from NO in 1986, lights circling but since no color is mentioned, I assume they were white. Had they been red, you'd think that would have been in the report.

I submitted a report about the siding several years ago on MUFON. Besides the six red lights spinning in a circle, what stuck out to me even today was how slow the revolution swear I’d say it made one revolution every 2 to 4 seconds

Reactions: Selectric
I submitted a report about the siding several years ago on MUFON. Besides the six red lights spinning in a circle, what stuck out to me even today was how slow the revolution swear I’d say it made one revolution every 2 to 4 seconds
That had to be amazing. I had a sighting of something back in the early 80's. I was out in a rural area of MI and it was dark (can't recall the time). I was leaving a friend's house and walking to my car. It must have been in the summer because the family was standing outside on their little porch watching me go. It was a beautiful clear night with no ambient light. We all witnessed rotating lights darting across the sky. It was impossible to tell what it was other than the lights flashing. I can't recall if there were colors, and it was very high up. These darting lights went on for a long time and we were all transfixed watching them. I finally just got tired of watching and went home. Looking back, it was like they were putting on a show for us. Whoever or whatever they was.

Reactions: Selectric
That had to be amazing. I had a sighting of something back in the early 80's. I was out in a rural area of MI and it was dark (can't recall the time). I was leaving a friend's house and walking to my car. It must have been in the summer because the family was standing outside on their little porch watching me go. It was a beautiful clear night with no ambient light. We all witnessed rotating lights darting across the sky. It was impossible to tell what it was other than the lights flashing. I can't recall if there were colors, and it was very high up. These darting lights went on for a long time and we were all transfixed watching them. I finally just got tired of watching and went home. Looking back, it was like they were putting on a show for us. Whoever or whatever they was.
Wow. Yours...sounds way more amazing than mine! It was one of those "cant wrap my mind around what my eyes are seeing" kind of thing. I bet yours was even moreso!

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne