My Truth.

Cake , thanks for putting a word to a question that has always puzzled me. Musical ear syndrome.
I have some hearing loss and get tinnitus when stressed out. It goes hand-in-hand with anxiety.
One day I flat-out heard a Rolling Stones song for about 20 seconds. But it certainly wasn't a song that they ever did - because I'm a fan and I would know it.
It was like I wrote an original Rolling Stones song.
Too bad I have zero musical talent because I would have written it down or recorded it.

Well, first question. Did this start for you at a very young age? And let me add, PLEASE stay away from the Ouija Boards, OK? Def. not something you want to work with.

We have a lot of info all over here about the different clairs. Some say 4, some divide it into 5. I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Now, from a mental health standpoint, yes, there are medical conditions that can cause you to hear voices. Absolutely. But you seem to have other paranormal activity besides just the voices. Are you hearing these audibly or telepathically?

OUIJA JUST.SAY.NO!!!!!!

Welcome Cosmic!

Reactions: Debi
First off you are not alone in any of this. I think that most or at least many of us here came here much as you have. We are alone in this and have nobody that we can talk to about the rather strange things that we experience.

I also have warnings that have saved me at least from severe injury several times. I don't experience the warnings as spoken words but the result is the same.

I have always been drawn to cemeteries. I have often gone into them late at night to find a quiet place to think and deal with things in my life that were wearing at me. I can usually find a place where there is a feeling of peace and the quiet that I am seeking and will sit there and reflect on my troubles. I will often talk to them. The dead are good listeners.

You hear piano music, I must have a radio tuner in my head because I hear all kinds of music. I especially like polka nights. But I also get soft rock, big band music, Country and western and occasionally what sounds like someone on a talk show. Seriously it can be intrusive if I am trying to read sometimes. I'm not sure that this is paranormal but is possibly connected to it.

We are wired to take bits and pieces of things and make them understandable. This is part of our survival programming and allows us to take a few parts of something and then see the lion in the grass before it gets us. This is what makes us see things in the clouds. We do the same thing with sounds and so will put bits and pieces of sounds together and make it into something that sounds whole but isn't.

People that do this sort of thing are just more aware and sensitive to things going on around them and are constantly perceiving the small things that others miss. I suspect that this also carries over into other areas and allows us to experience connections to other ways and feelings and this is what most see as paranormal. We are like a poorly sighted person in a land where everyone else is blind. It is all there but only some of us can see and feel it.

You are far from alone now. Welcome home, my friend...

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Cake , thanks for putting a word to a question that has always puzzled me. Musical ear syndrome.
I have some hearing loss and get tinnitus when stressed out. It goes hand-in-hand with anxiety.
One day I flat-out heard a Rolling Stones song for about 20 seconds. But it certainly wasn't a song that they ever did - because I'm a fan and I would know it.
It was like I wrote an original Rolling Stones song.
Too bad I have zero musical talent because I would have written it down or recorded it.
Hi Paintman.. I forgot to mention that I too, have tinnitus. It's mild, but it's there at times. Another poster said they hear sounds like that of a talk show. Yep- me too! My ears pick up a lot of activity :)

Reactions: Lynne
I understand it can be scary when you hear voices or see things that other people perhaps are not able to see. As a healthcare worker, sometimes I question myself if maybe everything is all in my head and I'm seriously crazy! But I was raised in an environment to believe that spirits were everywhere so I didn't see it as a negative thing until I got older and realized that normal people didn't have these kinds of experiences.

I have gotten really good about ignoring the voices as your name have power. If anything knows your name and calls it out, I would just walk away. Unless I see an actual person in my view, I won't answer. In my experience, the more you acknowledge them, they get louder and want more attention and I just don't have time to deal with that drama. My advice to you would be to tell them to leave you alone if it feels negative to you. Honestly, if you don't feel safe or they give you creepy feelings, they don't belong in your life. Please don't dabble in any ouija boards or any outlet that they can come through. Believe in yourself and know you are stronger than any spirit out there to scare you.

Reactions: 7Critter
As a healthcare worker, sometimes I question myself if maybe everything is all in my head and I'm seriously crazy!

Maybe it's just my imagination or something but for a moment there, I was very sure I've read a very similar sentence somewhere, but I couldn't remember where...

I'm sure a lot of people agree that your name holds power. I believe it can be flip around also. If you somehow figure the name of the entity or ghost bothering you, it is a lot easier to get rid of it. Again, these are just advices that the elders gave me growing up

Maybe it's just my imagination or something but for a moment there, I was very sure I've read a very similar sentence somewhere, but I couldn't remember where...
That would have been me. I have often started out with the words "As a healthcare worker" or "As a medical professional." :mask:

Reactions: Lynne