My story & how do I stop this?

Hi,
This is my first time sharing my story and reaching out for help. First I'll say I'm the last person you'd expect to believe this kind of thing, I was always a skeptic when it comes to ghosts and hauntings, so much so that I'd probably still be in denial today if it wasn't for my boyfriend experiencing this with me and also feeling creeped the heck out (and by the way, he is absolutely not trying to prank me or anything like that). NOTHING in my story is a lie, although I'm in no position to say 100% that each of these events were a ghost but it's a huge coincidence for all these things to happen at once that have such mysterious explanations.

So here it is, I'll try to keep it brief:

The first thing that happened was to my boyfriend right after we met each other. This was right after college and he was still living in his parents' basement at the time; one night he woke and saw a man standing there. He described the figure as about 8 feet tall (to the ceiling), about 10 feet in front of him and to the right standing against a wall. He was wearing a black trench coat, had a huge beard, he was very tall and skinny, caucasian, and old. He said he didn't get the impression that he was mean or threatening. The figure was just looking at him.

I thought nothing of it. I didn't believe in ghosts so I was sure he was dreaming.

Fast forward a few weeks and something was moved in his basement while I was there visiting him. Neither of us could explain it but I still didn't think much of it.

Several months pass and mysterious things start happening to me. I lived with my parents as well at this time. This came as a cluster of events over a couple weeks and then seemed to just go away.

First, my retainer went missing from where I always keep it. About a week later, my parent found it..under their dresser.

Then something happened that totally freaked me out. One night I felt something at the foot of my bed under the covers. I pulled up the blankets and there was a very small pile of random GARBAGE. The most nonsense things, such as a cheerio, and random gross crumbs (I don't eat in bed), and I specifically remember there was a dirty empty piece of makeup packaging. It almost looked like something a mouse would stash or something, but our house was very new and I don't see why a mouse would have stashed makeup packaging?? Plus, I sleep with my sheets tucked in very tight and they were still tucked as normal when I untucked them to find this. NONE of this stuff I recognized. I've never seen that particular makeup in the house. I checked my mom's bathroom, she didn't have it. Even the cheerio....I'm pretty sure we didn't even have cheerios in the house at the time. (Again, my boyfriend is not in on this if that's what you're thinking. He hadn't been over for several days at this time and was clueless when I told him.) This is the event that convinced me I was being haunted. I got really scared after that.

Some time after that, while I was sleeping I distinctly felt someone touch my hand and it woke me up. I became even more scared.

Some time later, I was cleaning my dresser and I lightly bumped an angel figurine I'd received as a gift some time ago. ITS HEAD FELL RIGHT OFF. It sounds ridiculous and cliche but I'm not kidding. It was like it had already been cracked off and someone had just set it back in place and so it just rolled off when I bumped it. I thought a person must have done it but I called my friend who'd been over a few days ago and asked her if she accidentally broke it- she said she absolutely did not do it. No one I lived with would ever go in my room and even if they did, my family doesn't do stuff like that to each other.

There was also a night that I heard a couple of extremely loud bangs/cracks in the wall behind the head of my bed - but this was all during a very freezing cold winter and my boyfriend said it was probably the wood of the house settling or something like that. I don't know.

I moved into my own apartment and things stopped after that, but this was around the time I started having health problems (see below)

Then I moved again and now we have our own apartment. I haven't noticed anything peculiar in a long time, but recently our dog has developed a fear out of nowhere, he refuses to go through doorways sometimes, as though he's scared, and we can't figure out why. Also, the first mysterious thing to happen since that major cluster of events - a few days ago I woke to find a plate at the foot of my bed (on top of the blankets) that had been set on my room's desk the night before. A night or two later the lights of our house flickered (but this was a stormy night and a few other apartments near us lost power, while we didn't - so does that count? lol) And I think I've heard one unexplainable noise.

I also must say I've been experiencing lots of health problems. I've always been very physically healthy, but over the last few years I've felt like I'm under attack, it is all of a sudden literally one thing right after another, from random pneumonia that had no cause, to back pain, to being diagnosed with Hashimoto's, to stomach ulcers, to severe and I mean severe trouble sleeping (like I won't sleep for days)....it's never ending and comes in succession with no break. I'm not sure how much longer I can take it although I'm trying hard to make myself well. There are some other symptoms doctors haven't been able to explain too. Can this have anything to do with the events I described?? It's so hard to know what is just coincidence, and what's not.

Anyway thanks for reading. If anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it. Also, we need to know what to do next!! I never dreamed I'd be in this position, but how do we stop these things from happening?
it might be the ghost of a girl who is jealous of you. she might like your boyfriend. she probably took the form of a man in the boyfriend's room as a disguise.

I appreciate this. Do you know if essential oils are helpful as well? I have frankincense and myrrh essential oils already at hand.
I was baptized as an infant and also again several years ago in a different denomination.
That's eye opening about how they can appear however they want, and that they usually appear in long dark clothing, because we had no idea that was the case and indeed that's what was seen.
I do have a friend whose mother is a professional psychic and she did some readings on us and her daughter did some tarot cards, but that was after this all started.
Being baptized definitely gives you the upper hand as far as protection from the holy spirit goes.....that is great! Yes if you have frankincense and myrrh oils you can use those too. You bet demonic entities can manifest how ever they want. You have to remember that they were never human and their abilities are great. They masquerade as human spirit "look alike's" to fool us about their true intentions. They really seem to like the tall dark figures that are hooded or with wide brimmed hats. Just remember there is nothing more powerful than flat out telling something to leave in Jesus name! With the correct mindset and faith in knowing that it's nothing your doing to cast it out but that Jesus it doing it for you. You just have to say "In the name of Jesus Christ and by his authority alone I demand you leave this house and stay out of our lives never to return"

I thnk you should try some prayers like against demons or vengeful spirits. Faith may save you lyrics.

Reactions: lyric and ghostkind
Being baptized definitely gives you the upper hand as far as protection from the holy spirit goes.....that is great! Yes if you have frankincense and myrrh oils you can use those too. You bet demonic entities can manifest how ever they want. You have to remember that they were never human and their abilities are great. They masquerade as human spirit "look alike's" to fool us about their true intentions. They really seem to like the tall dark figures that are hooded or with wide brimmed hats. Just remember there is nothing more powerful than flat out telling something to leave in Jesus name! With the correct mindset and faith in knowing that it's nothing your doing to cast it out but that Jesus it doing it for you. You just have to say "In the name of Jesus Christ and by his authority alone I demand you leave this house and stay out of our lives never to return"
Totally agree

Reactions: ghostkind
You bet demonic entities can manifest how ever they want. You have to remember that they were never human and their abilities are great.
To put things into perspective, for the rest of the members, demons are fallen angels. And many angels were once from very powerful orders. Some could drop a whole city like a baby without a sweat. Some of even the good angels are known to have very little patience or interest in us humans. Demons didn’t lose their power in the fall, only their holy office.

So..... ummmmm...... keep the prayers going! :eek: and what spectre said about the name Jesus!

I've read through a few other people's stories and I'm pretty discouraged, everyone else's stories are all the same for the most part, orbs or figures or voices or things moved or opening doors. My experiences seem so much more complex, and looking back on it now that I've written all that it does sound so ridiculous and made up, yet it's not. I just don't know. Maybe what my boyfriend saw was a dream, and everything after that has all just been a freak string of coincidences of things that have an explanation, I just don't know what that explanation is. I just wish I could stop feeling creeped out about it.
I know it is hard to have faith that this will go away but If you believe in this negative energy than you should try and believe in a positive energy, I will pray for you but you need to have faith that positive energy is stronger than the negative pray that you be given protection and have faith that you will and you will be okay, but you need to believe it don't allow this negative force to drain you fight. I suggest you bathe in sea salt once a week, you can find this in any pharmacy and pray every day, don't let your dreams or ill feelings sway you from having faith. It is thought these negative forces drain the energy so they can manifest themselves.
This cannot be cured overnight but if you do these things you will start to feel a few positive things right off but the negative will try and fight back just keep on and it will eventually go away. This I take very serious for personal reasons I will not say. You are a very strong person and have had a lot of impact or influence that is why these elements are drawn to these kinds of people they need to feel life's energy and some people give off so much that they become a beacon for these negative forces. I can go on but it only gets creepy and that isn't my intention because they have no power over you once you learn how to repel them.

Reactions: lyric