My prank eventually turned karmic!

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Back in the late 1980s, I lived with two male roommates. We lived in a condo in a university city and we lived just three blocks from a huge outdoor mall where we frequently shopped.

Just being a silly 20-something-year-old, one of my roommates went into a women’s restroom and purchased a feminine sanitary pad. I have zero ideas about what he might have planned, but after our initial laughs, he ended up bringing the pad home.

Some days later, the three of us were going somewhere together but decided that taking two cars was more appropriate than commuting in one - maybe because we had separate plans for later that same day. We would often prank each other. So before leaving, I told my one roommate that I was going to take the other roommate’s feminine pad and attach it to the back of his car. Then suggested that we’d ride together behind him and watch the expressions of the other motorists who pass him by.

I grabbed the pad when they stepped into other rooms to get ready to leave. Then I slipped into the garage, removed the adhesive strips, and pressed the pad firmly onto the back of my roommate’s car, very near to the brake light, but certainly out of sight from the driver’s side.

The three of us loaded into the two cars as planned, we backed out of the garage, and I pulled up behind the other car to visually check that the pad was still securely in place. Then we both pulled out onto the street and headed out. And, the smiles and laughter of passing motorists started almost immediately.

We barely made it three blocks - actually right up to the stoplight at the entrance to the mall - before some kindly motorist with a huge grin waved at my friend to lower his window so that she could point out the situation. That’s when the two of us in my car totally cracked up. The pranked roomie could see our reactions in his rear view mirror. He stepped on the gas peddle pretty aggressively pulling off the road into the shopping mall and randomly stopping in a parking spot which was in a totally different part of the mall than where we (by habit) ever park. I pulled very nearby too. He jumped out of his car, ran to the back, saw the pad and became visibly angry, and possibly embarrassed, and then pulled off the pad. He waved his fists in the air and flipped me the bird. I don’t recall how the rest of the afternoon went but I know for certain he didn’t like having his silly pad prank turned back onto him.

Two or three years later, we were living separately. By then, “Padman” was married living 3,000 miles away and the other roomie adopted his sister’s kids and moved 30-50 miles away.

On some date in that near future period, I found the need to go to the Sears in that same mall. Randomly, I ended up parking in the same atypical part of the parking lot where we’d stopped hurriedly years earlier during that pad prank. I promise that where I had just parked did not escape my attention.

When I came out of Sears to get into my car, I found a sanitary pad adhered to the front headlight of my car! No. Joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
yqlT4H7.jpg

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Back in the late 1980s, I lived with two male roommates. We lived in a condo in a university city and we lived just three blocks from a huge outdoor mall where we frequently shopped.

Just being a silly 20-something-year-old, one of my roommates went into a women’s restroom and purchased a feminine sanitary pad. I have zero ideas about what he might have planned, but after our initial laughs, he ended up bringing the pad home.

Some days later, the three of us were going somewhere together but decided that taking two cars was more appropriate than commuting in one - maybe because we had separate plans for later that same day. We would often prank each other. So before leaving, I told my one roommate that I was going to take the other roommate’s feminine pad and attach it to the back of his car. Then suggested that we’d ride together behind him and watch the expressions of the other motorists who pass him by.

I grabbed the pad when they stepped into other rooms to get ready to leave. Then I slipped into the garage, removed the adhesive strips, and pressed the pad firmly onto the back of my roommate’s car, very near to the brake light, but certainly out of sight from the driver’s side.

The three of us loaded into the two cars as planned, we backed out of the garage, and I pulled up behind the other car to visually check that the pad was still securely in place. Then we both pulled out onto the street and headed out. And, the smiles and laughter of passing motorists started almost immediately.

We barely made it three blocks - actually right up to the stoplight at the entrance to the mall - before some kindly motorist with a huge grin waved at my friend to lower his window so that she could point out the situation. That’s when the two of us in my car totally cracked up. The pranked roomie could see our reactions in his rear view mirror. He stepped on the gas peddle pretty aggressively pulling off the road into the shopping mall and randomly stopping in a parking spot which was in a totally different part of the mall than where we (by habit) ever park. I pulled very nearby too. He jumped out of his car, ran to the back, saw the pad and became visibly angry, and possibly embarrassed, and then pulled off the pad. He waved his fists in the air and flipped me the bird. I don’t recall how the rest of the afternoon went but I know for certain he didn’t like having his silly pad prank turned back onto him.

Two or three years later, we were living separately. By then, “Padman” was married living 3,000 miles away and the other roomie adopted his sister’s kids and moved 30-50 miles away.

On some date in that near future period, I found the need to go to the Sears in that same mall. Randomly, I ended up parking in the same atypical part of the parking lot where we’d stopped hurriedly years earlier during that pad prank. I promise that where I had just parked did not escape my attention.

When I came out of Sears to get into my car, I found a sanitary pad adhered to the front headlight of my car! No. Joke.
hehe, I dont think any of my old contacts would even recognise me today, I could walk up and talk to them as a stranger.

our pranks were a little more devious and on one occasion several police cars surrounded our warehouse managers car because of the license plate we attached to the front of his car. He knew it was one of us but he couldn't prove anything so he told us he was going to get us all back but we wouldn't know when or how. That was his greatest prank because I would spend an hour each day checking out my car before I left work for a year, I never found anything he just made me paranoid.

hehe, I dont think any of my old contacts would even recognise me today, I could walk up and talk to them as a stranger.

our pranks were a little more devious and on one occasion several police cars surrounded our warehouse managers car because of the license plate we attached to the front of his car. He knew it was one of us but he couldn't prove anything so he told us he was going to get us all back but we wouldn't know when or how. That was his greatest prank because I would spend an hour each day checking out my car before I left work for a year, I never found anything he just made me paranoid.

Ah, psychological warfare is the best revenge!

I shared an apartment in college with the three funniest guys I've ever met. We lived on the dorm floor 2 years previous and really got along. It was like living in a Marx Brothers movie. They were always on , and always in character. I've lost touch with them but to this day when I meet people from IU from the mid-to-late 80s, they always ask are you still in touch with the 3 funny guys?
I have a okay sense of humor but compared to them I may as well have been a tubercular Victorian era mortician that just buried his children from consumption.:confused:
At a costume party they went as the 3 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Steve went as Pestilence and looked pretty creepy. Plus he didn't say a single word all night. He just sort of grunted like Lurch.
So I went up to Pestilence and said, "Hey Steve do you see that girl over there? She told me she really thinks you're cute." ( I had never seen her before, talked to her or anyting. I just made that up:p)
Pestilence nodded in approval. I said if you can kiss her by the end of the night and not break character I'll buy you lunch.:cool:
And looking like death warmed over, he did it.:p

tubercular Victorian era mortician that just buried his children from consumption

I’m sorry Paint but that really wasn’t dark enough. Could you please include some macabre references to kittens, nuns, or chocolate chip cookies.

It was like living in a Marx Brothers movie. They were always on , and always in character. ... I have a okay sense of humor

I see quiet you Paint as the Harpo of the group - slapping your knee while whistling loudly and rolling your eyes.

I’m sorry Paint but that really wasn’t dark enough. Could you please include some macabre references to kittens, nuns, or chocolate chip cookies.
We never could do mean humor. Pestilence was on double secret probation. Yes that's a real thing when you're a six-year senior. We had to keep the boys eye on the ball.